Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case drain- male or female? Which is more common?

Andy FitzGibbon · 2025-08-26 22:32

I have an ASV SR80 that has a female quick connect for the case drain. I just purchased a Bobcat flail mower that also has a female quick connect for the case drain line. Which one is more common in the machine side? From the little reading I've done, it sounds like ASV may be in the minority with having the female on the machine. Initially I was going to swap the mower side over to male, but the lines are BSP thread, so I instead bought two males and an 1/2“ NPT nipple to connect them. Figured it might come in handy if I rent or borrow an attachment in the future that has a female on the drain line.

Replies2
  1. #1heymccall2025-08-26 22:49

    "Saturn block" This is pretty much the way every skidsteer I've had, or seen, is.

  2. #2Andy FitzGibbon2025-08-27 05:24

    Good to know, thank you. I guess ASV was marching to their own drummer on this one.