I have a new-to-me 2008 Bobcat T300, SJC, Deluxe cab, 3600 hrs. I hooked up my mulcher and realized the aux thumb lever activates the male(top coupler) when pushed right and the female(bottom coupler) when pushed left. Obviously this is wrong, and I don't get a code while using it this way. Just for grins I pushed the high flow button on the left console while using the mulcher. The light came on but it didn't engage high flow. Well, nothing changed, didn't seem like high flow was happening. Since I didn't get a code, this is likely a mechanical problem and not an electrical issue, right? So, where do I start with fixing this problem? I appreciate the help/guidance.
Not sure if I or the machine care which way the thumb lever moves to correspond to flow direction. Bigger issue is flow direction correct when locked on with trigger? Hi flow, all Bobcats have the Hi flow button, but majority of machines did not actually have the Hi flow option. However, I don't think the light comes on if high flow is not installed. there may be a 2 step process to actually turn Hi flow on. 1 could be swapped wires at aux coils on valve. I do not believe the machine would "know" or code. 2 could be swapped hoses at valve, splice or even behind coupler.
Those are some great points. My mulcher, like most of em, will only turn one direction. When I push aux lever to the right the mulcher won't turn. If I just press the trigger it does the same thing. I can only make mulcher drum spin by pushing lever to left and then pull trigger to lock it on. I never thought of hoses being swapped, I just assumed it was another issue. Would you just swap the hoses at the couplers and be done with it or would you dig in and find the problem? I'm liking the just swap hoses option.
Just to follow up, I switched the hoses at the coupler. It's fixed! Everything works as it should now. Pressed hi flow button and it went into full beast mode. Can't believe the difference! Thanks very much for the response and suggestion. I would've spent way too much time chasing down a problem that may not exist. I love this site.