Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case Drain/Quick connect – ‘97 John Deere 310se

Krelnydelnky · 2026-01-03 07:27

Hi all, I recently picked up an older Danuser auger that I intend to fit to the excavator on my John Deer 310se. The auger requires a case drain, which I don’t currently have plumbed on the boom (or anywhere for that matter). I wanted to see if anyone had some insight as to how I might go about plumbing one in. I also wanted to see about a quick connect port that I could reroute my thumb control into, that could drive the auger. Any insight would be greatly appreciated, hope you all had a nice new years!

Replies4
  1. #1Godfrey Buag2026-01-06 14:43

    Did you find a solution to your problem? I would be interested in it as well.

  2. #2Krelnydelnky2026-01-06 15:54

    I have not yet, but will update this thread when I do!

  3. #3Wedig2026-01-14 17:30

    Yeah me too! I think you basically just plumb a line back to the hyd tank, but you don't want it to foam so you weld a pc. of angle iron to the inside of the tank so it runs down into the hyd fluid. May want to run it thru a filter as if the motor breaks any and all pcs. will go straight into the tank

  4. #4Diesel Dave2026-01-14 18:32

    What‘s the size of the case drain hose ? You could mount a couple of 3 way valves on the sides of the stick to supply the auger and the thumb.