Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Curiosity: the largest and most powerful backhoe loader ever built… what brand and model do they still build it?

trombeur · 2026-01-02 05:04

Curiosity: the largest and most powerful backhoe loader ever built... what brand and model do they still build it? Thanks to anyone who provides information or photos on this topic.

Replies20
  1. #1Steve Favia2026-01-02 09:12

    I would guess a JohnDeere 710?

  2. #2HarleyHappy2026-01-02 09:22

    Case 780?

  3. #3DDoug2026-01-02 09:49

    Bucyrus Erie Built a large 4 wheel drive DynaHoe.

  4. #4Baxsie2026-01-02 11:13

    Random search result brings up this article: https://www.constructionequipmentguide.com/the-dynamic-dynahoe/41352

  5. #5trombeur2026-01-02 12:16

    Dynahoe Backhoe Loader Keith Haddock, HCEAThe backhoe loader is still one of the most popular and visible of all types of construction machines. It reigned as the mainstay of mechanized utility work... www.constructionequipment.com ?? Make: Dynahoe Model: 190-4 Body Style: Backhoe '' Dynahoe 200-4 backhoe. 471 Detroit diese

  6. #6Mr. Wrench2026-01-02 12:19

    That is a beast!

  7. #7DDoug2026-01-02 12:21

    Near the end (1993) they made them on 12th & Weshler, used to drive by every day, see them out there.

  8. #8Tones2026-01-02 14:57

    The largest backhoe I've operated was a Tracgrip with 270° slew mounted on a stretched Ford County tractor. The boom was probably similar in reach to today's 12ton excavators. The operator sat above the LH rear wheel and was able to engage forward and reverse plus steer this monstrosity. To drive on the road the boom was swung to the front an carried in a cradle. Unfortunately I can't find any photographic evidence, it was made in New Zealand by Tracgrip in Palmerston North. At that time they also made a sidemount version for drain cleaning. @D6merv no doubt you'd remember them.

  9. #9westerner2026-01-02 20:13

    I was but a snotnosed kid of 20ish, and my boss put me in the rental Case 780 to road it back to the rental yard. 15 miles, half of it right down Main Street. It was a whole 'nother rig compared to the 580 I had been on.

  10. #10Baxsie2026-01-03 11:01

    Are any of those shown on this FB page? NZ Road Transport and Contracting-Archives | Has anyone got any pictures of oldschool backhoes | Facebook Has anyone got any pictures of oldschool backhoes? Tracgrip rm25 ect ect... cheers in advance would love to see www.facebook.com

  11. #11Baxsie2026-01-03 12:29

    Brought images over for ease of viewing.

  12. #12Tones2026-01-03 14:01

    Unfortunately no, good try though. It was based on this tractor with the front axle about 1.5- 2m further forward https://www.mascus.ie/_next/image?url=https://dnge9sb91helb.cloudfront.net/image/product/cust/350/250/landbrukssalg/ford-county-super-654,5599_1.jpg&w=3840&q=75 That Tracweld 140 hoe was sold with an auto grade function as standard, no lazers or puters in those days .

  13. #13trombeur2026-01-04 03:51

    Venieri 10.23 E e la serie 8.63C HL

  14. #14Willie B2026-01-04 07:33

    Biggest I've seen is a John Deere 710. 25 miles from me I think it still sits outside a marble cutting business. It either doesn't run, or they park it same place & way each time. I've owned a 410, and a 410C, I don't think bigger than that is better. I've encountered a few Dynahoes. Just appearance I wonder if the ground is solid enough to support one.

  15. #15Willie B2026-01-04 07:38

    A sewer project in Rutland VT had one. Seemed VERY versatile They'd take over an abandoned business parking lot in several locations around the city. I'd see this machine & a number of implements to fit it.

  16. #16cuttin edge2026-01-04 16:18

    I remember a couple payloaders around with a backhoe attachments

  17. #17Tones2026-01-04 17:26

    We had a few in the NZ Army, Hough 65's rear steer with Wain Roy and 1 with a BLH hoe. The Wain Roy were a terrible thing to use and with so much weight on the back the loader bucket was darn near usless.

  18. #18Willie B2026-01-04 19:13

    There was one on Historic 7 in Shaftsbury VT a ?A62? Ford articulated loader with a backhoe. I don't know if factory built, or home added.

  19. #19oldtom2026-01-12 21:10

    gm powerd

  20. #20oldtom2026-01-12 21:11