I just bought a drum mulcher for my Hyundai 210-LC7 excavator. It has an aux hydraulic circuit normally running a thumb. It also has a big diverter valve near the swing motor area to dump the return from the aux straight to the tank and not to the return side of the valve. Basically changing from double acting thumb to single acting hammer or whatever hydraulic motor. I would run the mulcher in this mode. The new mulcher has a case drain. Can I T that line with the return to tank and assume that circuit has little to no back pressure or do I need to run a separate case drain line to the tank. That would be a pain in the ass. All the aux lines are 1".
IMHO the casedrain should be connected to the swing motor casedrain at least and have a system protection from the filter. When the motor on a mulcher detonates most of the debris goes through the casedrain. Going directly to tank any debris are going to be sacked up by the pumps and a world of pain will be ensured.
I ran a new case drain on my 304 with schedule 80 seamless pipe bent to follow the conture of the boom and stick.
Why not use much thinner wall seamless hydraulic tubing?
So tree limbs and trunks do not damage to case drain line. I ran it all the way to hydraulic reservoir in a combination of hard line and hose.