I tried to start and old Case drott 3330 Carrydeck Crane after sitting for a long time. it is located inside a building so no rain or cold issues. I changed the fuel filters, the fuel lines, the feed pump and the stop solenoid. bleeding the fuel filters works fine and I also get fuel to the pump inlet. but there is no fuel coming out of the injection line before the injectors. Engine is Case 188D Diesel Engine Serial 2895631 Pump Roosa Master Typ B0431 KT 2830 the engine worked fine before it was left there and has only about 3500hours
@thepumpguysc is the go to guy with injection pump issues. Likely have something hung up inside the pump from sitting.
I'm new to this forum. How is that handled ? Do I simply wait or should I send him a direct message? I'm in no hurry with that issue
When I put his name on it, he will get a notification. Then he can direct message you.
U can remove the top cover.(3- 5/16 screws) But before u do that, do a search for RoosaMaster metering valve.. so u know what ur looking at once u get the cover off.. Careful not to break the screws..
I forgot to mention, when I changed the solenoid in January or February I had to remove the top cover and also tried to move the lever of the valve. it moved freely . do you have a good drawing of the pump? I only found some not so good ones.
Those things are notoriously hard to bleed. They require adequate cranking speed and colorful expletives to fire. Especially, after taking that much stuff in the fuel system apart. Don’t over think it. You might try using a separate fuel source like a bucket with gravity assist, to get it started. Are the glow plugs working? Probably not.
It does not have glow plugs. Direct injection. Cranking speed could be an issue. Sounds slow when I think about it. I changed the feed pump several times over the years and never had any problems bleeding it.
Cranking speed means corrosion on the starter and or battery connections, right?
I think some of those engines had glow plugs and some had manifold grid heaters. The fuel return line is critical on those, too. Any restriction can cause havoc.
Put your tach on it. You want to see 450-500 rpm.
I assume this could be the problem. When I compare it to idle speed 700-800rpm If would say maybe 250 300. I will check
I would say... thump to big for cellphone
Looking at the old pi of the pump, it looks like the return connector is missing.?? Can’t really tell from the angle.. No I don’t have a breakdown.
If it drove in under it's own power years ago your probably right. If it was towed in maybe not What does the oil look like and is it above normal level?
It looks ok , no diesel in the oil. And yes it drove there with its own power
Found these and first listing is what came up when searching pump model number https://www.scribd.com/doc/310654370/Roosa-Master https://www.scribd.com/document/308491077/bomba-de-inyeccion-roosa-master
The double fitting is the return line From left comes the return line from the injectors from above from the top cover right goes back to the tank.
Thank you, but do you trust scibid ? I hesitated to register cause I read some comments concerning fraud with that website
For the most part yes, there are issues with copyright stuff because anyone can upload a file. What I do most cases is read the file online and screen copy the pages I want. Paste the copies in some kind of editor and use as I want. Keep the link in case I need to go back and look more
Ogodd idea I will try tomorrow with computer
And typing is also better with the computer
If the MV is free to move.. And ur not getting fuel AT THE LOOSENED LINES.. The problem is most likely stuck pumping plungers in the rotor..(as in Head and Rotor) Good luck. TPG
I had not much time yesterday to check. but I think starter speed is too slow .There was a welding connector installed some years ago instead of a battery switch. feels worn out. I'm leaving for France on the weekend . will check after the holiday
If plungers are stuck do you see a chance to get them loose without rebuilding the pump? the distance between the pump and the frame is about 1 inch. I'm not sure how to look in the pump window without pulling the engine. For me to understand; the pump looks almost similar to a CAV pump installed on a Perkins Engine.