Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

The adventures of LITTLE crane

Tyler d4c · 2026-07-29 19:36

You guys with real cranes can have a laugh. This thing may just die with me

Replies20
  1. #1Tyler d4c2026-07-29 19:40

    When I bought and the last photo is the rt I use to own putting the other end of the same tractor in the above photo together

  2. #2CM19952026-07-29 19:47

    They can laugh all they want - I'd love to have that little crane on my yard! We've got ol' Blue a '96 Gradall 536D6 for lifting. Used it today to swap 2 tires on the front axle of our tilt trailer. Short chain through the pintle hitch - easy peasy. Gotta have some sort of lift on the yard.

  3. #3Tyler d4c2026-07-29 19:59

    For that I got the big yella bottle jack

  4. #4DDoug2026-07-29 20:04

    IIRC there was a carry deck crane not much larger.

  5. #5AMBMike2026-07-29 20:10

    I'd love to have a little crane like that. I've always wished for one of the little carry decks mentioned by @DDoug

  6. #6Tyler d4c2026-07-29 20:12

    There was a post on here awhile back about a little grove carrydeck

  7. #7DDoug2026-07-29 20:14

    Thinking back, there was more than one maker. I recall Drott, IIRC they coined the name "CarryDeck". But there were others, as they had solid forklift tires some shops used them for maint, or die changes.

  8. #8Tyler d4c2026-07-29 20:18

    These would be in the same size catagory all those others ive seen are 2 or 3 times the size

  9. #9DDoug2026-07-29 20:19

    That's the one ^ the grove stevedore I used to see in factories all the time.

  10. #10John C.2026-07-29 20:29

    What kind of engine is powering that Sky Lift machine? That would have been handy when I had my shop. How much can it lift and how far can it reach?

  11. #11Tyler d4c2026-07-29 20:35

    Its suspose to have a kubota d722 when i got it it was gone. I wound up with half a bx2200 that had a bad transmisson. Used what i need to to fit it in and made my own pump drive so now it has a d905 in it

  12. #12John C.2026-07-30 12:38

    I checked the web site and they don't give and engine make. Thanks

  13. #13Welder Dave2026-07-30 23:21

    That self supported crane would be super handy and doesn't take up a lot of room. Probably not too bad to work on either.

  14. #14pittsburgh cat man2026-07-30 23:29

    do you have the jib for it too?

  15. #15Tyler d4c2026-07-31 01:01

    No didnt come with it and never really need it the one they supplied was only 3 or 4 feet long

  16. #16HarleyHappy2026-08-01 14:55

    Better than me, with a 25’ piece of straight red oak, chained into the bucket. Lol

  17. #17CM19952026-08-01 15:26

    I've seen me do it.

  18. #18Tyler d4c2026-09-05 18:19

    Trusses for the misses goat barn got to get this done asap the house is suppose to show first or second week of next month.

  19. #19YT13002026-09-05 19:08

    Har har har .. when I noticed this title for the first time I was like "little crane? you mean like one of these mini-sized tiny machine" till I clicked to have a look at the thread and realized it was the similar kind of sizes indeed. I forgot the original website source that had a few photos of these tiny Caterpillar machines running around an official "demonstrator" gravelbox somewhere in USA but a quick web search did find a random example of mini-sized bulldozer to share here nevertheless

  20. #20DDoug2026-09-07 13:15

    Looks like a StrucKit. https://www.struckequipment.com/wp-content/uploads/2025/01/OlderTractorModelGuide_2023.pdf