Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case excavators vs John Deere

sundanceexp ยท 2012-12-20 22:43

I am a big deere fan that is all i run, I just sold my 120 excavator and have been looking for a larger Deere excavator a 200 or so size but have been unable to find one I can afford that is not on the other side of the country. I did however find a case 9040b and I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on what they are like compared to running a deere, im having a hard time convincing myself since it isn't yellow but if they are good machines then maybe thats the way i will go. thanks for any insight.

Replies2
  1. #1kevin37b2012-12-21 11:36

    If they have been taken care of ,they are all good machines.I have run several different brands.In a given size and weight range,I do not see much difference in performance.Very competitive market ,they all have to be good.Deere ,Case ,Kobelco , Cat ,Hitachi , all good machines.The biggest thing is parts and service , what you have available.Hope this helps .

  2. #2jack3452012-12-21 11:43

    It really depends on the dealer , I have yet to find a Case dealer in Montana that competes with John Deere. That being said you will pay more the JD. If you found dealer support the Case is a very good machine.Curtis & Curtis Construction in NWMT runs Case equipment and is happy with his equipment.