Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 365 / Volvo EC700

Dominion 410 ยท 2012-12-20 22:11

Any opinions how these two machines would compare? Dominion

Replies7
  1. #1jey_c2012-12-21 06:22

    Nowadays all machines can do the job, choose the most efficient and the most important thing is to find out a good dealer if any repair needed. I just remember our friend on this forum he always says ' a good mechanic isn't expensive he's priceless'

  2. #202Dmax2012-12-21 16:53

    I've heard nothing but good things about both. Volvo builds a great machine and is probably more efficient than the CAT. But usually CAT parts and service are more readily available and the CAT will be worth more in resale. It comes down to ROI and how much downtime can you afford when it does go down.

  3. #3mike_b2012-12-21 21:58

    Like 02dmax said- you'll probably love the Volvo until it comes time to sell it

  4. #4uffex2012-12-22 15:29

    Good day sir I have some comparison specs if that is of interest just drop a request to [email protected] . Regrads uffex

  5. #5cat 3852012-12-23 10:13

    rightly said ,cat has excellent parts and service support but the produt has alot of issue in it

  6. #6JDOFMEMI2013-01-01 21:58

    To operate I would choose the Volvo. It will kill a 365 in production. To own, I would pick the Cat, mainly for the great dealer support I get from them, and the lousy support I have experienced from Volvo. I had the 2nd 700 Volvo on the West coast when they came out, and it was comparable with 800/850 class production, and burned much less fuel doing it. My main problem came from poor response from the dealer, even when working 10 minutes from their shop. The 365 is much slower, but more reliable, and much easier to get parts and service for.

  7. #7UrParts2013-01-02 11:47

    I would have said go with the Cat for years but I am starting to change my mind. The EC700 has got a very good reputation here in Europe and also a good resale value.