Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case Extended Life Track Experience

MikeyJP1980 · 2012-08-06 00:17

I’m looking for some chatter about this undercarriage system. I have no experience with a Case dozer but am very interested in one. The one I’m looking at has the CERT system and I’m just looking for some good or bad info. Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1mw852012-08-06 21:10

    Well if its like Komatsu's, its not worth the extra money.

  2. #2QuickTrax2012-08-07 07:16

    We have seen the CELT u/c go both ways. I have seen the chains completely worn out in just over 1000 hours and I have also seen it last 3500. We deal w/ a large rental co. that runs Case dozers and we have converted most back to the standard u/c due to the cost of the CELT system. Once the CELT chains are worn out most people will cut the outer bushing off and install standard sprockets then run another 150 hours to get the remaining bit of life out of the CELT chains. The bottom rollers, top rollers, and idlers are no different than the standard u/c. It seems to me that all of the equipment manufacturers are trying to come up with the next new u/c. CELT, Cat System One, Komatsu Plus and it has back fired on all of them. Why reinvent the wheel??? Thats my 2 cents, Thanks, Quick Trax