Hey Guys , I'm putting the steering case covers back on my Komatsu d-37. Is there a secret to doing this. I'm having a hard time getting the arms to lock in the brake band. I can get the front in, but then can't get the rear to lock in . I was wondering if it would be easier if i took the springs off the band... but then how tough would it be to get them back on ? Any tricks anyone knows of to help me out ?? Thanks in advance !! Lindsay
hello chambie, i do not know anthing about komatsu dozers but have worked on cat for years. i dont know what setup komatsu has but on cat you need to be sure and have the brake adjustment screw backed all the way off to loosen it up as much as possible and then you can get the front and rear arms into the band assembly. yours may be completely different though. good luck.
That sounds about the same. I have the adjustment screw out... just having a tough time getting both arms in. It's a tight place to work in. Tomorrow is another day !!
Got it figured out !! The steering brake adjustment rod was cranked right up tight and stuck in the carrier. when i took the adjustment screw off... the lever didn't slack off. I tapped it back and the cover went on like it should of. Live and learn !!
oh...sorry i did not use this model of Komatsu d-37 . but will ask from my others friends to let you know.