Hi Gents, my Case 580K fuel injector pump is starting to leak around what I guess you might call the ‘throttle shaft’. The Case parts manual doesn’t give this particular part a name, and the way I read the manual it looks like you have to replace the pump if you have a problem in this area. I’ve checked with Broken Tractor, Mesick , and Oregon Fuel Injection. Oh the pain . Anyone out there who might have some other suggestion? I don’t use this hoe for work, just putter around the place with it. Thanks, Pops
Case Information I found this site to be a big help in correctly identifying part numbers and names. http://www.casece.com/services/NAE/services.asp?RL=NAE&id=33 Click on search now. Enter in your model and select the system you need info on. If the link does not work, use www.casece.com and select parts from the yellow bar. Hope this helps. I looked to make sure they still show parts explosions for the 580K and it's still available. Another contact I have is www.e-backhoeparts.com or call TractorStuff at 800-428-8183. Dale has helped me on many occasions. Let me know if the info is helpful. 33horse
Not 100% certain .. depends on the type of pump .. I had a similar situation on my 850C .. linkage from the fuel shutoff going into the governor .. Our local Injection Pump Place said the bushing was probably shot and the shaft worn into the housing .. I replaced the O-ring and RTV'd it (make sure the silicone has time to set up before you move the shaft) .. Did the trick as a temp. fix .. permanant fix .. replace the governor .. about $450 plus applicable labor if needed .. my fix cost less than $10 and I should get a good while out of it yet .. good luck .. post some pics if you can
Hi 33horse and CaseTractorman, I’ve been to the Case parts site and they have part numbers for some of the peripherals parts of the pump but not for the part that’s leaking. They only sell a replacement pump for that area. For now I live with the leak, it’s not all that bad. If it gets worse I’ll see if I can get at that shaft and maybe machine a new bushing or shaft. Thanks for the reply. pops
I think it's the same pump as an E. If you can take the cover off the top of the pump, then the throttle shaft can be removed and the o-ring replaced. Shut off the fuel and remove the return line.I think only 3 nuts hold the cover on. Do it on a weekday when your local diesel injection shop is open, there is a good chance the cover seal will leak afterwards, so get the gasket for it. If the throttle shaft is a little worn, upsize the shaft o-ring 1 size and try it. Usually this works. You may have to take the original o-ring to a hydraulic shop for an up-size. Diesel injection shops are typically uncooperative but if you take the pump info to them ahead of time you might be able to buy the whole seal kit for about $20. Just tell them you can fix lawn mowers and your going to try and fix the leak yourself,that failing you will bring it to them. Put the cover back on noting the position of the hardware so things go back the way they were. Phil
Phil, thanks for the tip. I’m not much of a mechanic:beatsme , but my “almost son-in-law†is . I’ll pass this along to him and see if he wants to give it a try. pops