Used 580C backhoe I have a chance to purchase a 1980 or so case backhoe. 580. It presently belongs to a friend, so I have seen it work as well as have minor hose breaks etc for the last three years. It has ne wtire on front, and a heated cab. No broken glass,new batteries and alternator.It is in relatively good shape as far as I can tell. He only used it maybe four times a year on a light duty job. So I am comfortable that therer are no hidden troubles. My question is its value, he wants 12,ooo. dollars. I ahave sean some with broken glass, twisted buckets etc. Is this a good price? I think it is average. give the prices I have seen in this part of the country. New Hampshire. Id appreciate any infor anyone has. Thanks..feel free to email me Allan
Welcome to HeavyEquipmentForums I removed your email address from your post, when you post your address on Boards such as this one, it can be harvested by spammers and you'll be inundated with junk e-mails. Our members can e-mail you by clicking your profile and selecting the e-mail icon there. Your address is protected from predators there. At $12,000, the machine you describe should be in excellent condition. Pins tight and pump in good shape. For a few dollars more you can get a 10 or 15 year old machine with life left in it. How many hours are on the machine?
I had a 580C about 6 years or so ago it was a 1976 firdt year model and i got 10K for it.And it needed alot of work with breaks and tranni. but it did have a full cab with heat and a rebuilt engine brought up to the newer c models and a new paint job.
I have a chance to purchase a 1985 or so case backhoe. 580. It presently belongs to a friend, so I have seen it work as well as have minor hose breaks etc for the last three years. It has ne wtire on front, and a heated cab. No broken glass,new batteries and alternator.It is in relatively good shape as far as I can tell. He only used it maybe four times a year on a light duty job. So I am comfortable that therer are no hidden troubles. My question is its value, he wants 12,ooo. dollars. I ahave sean some with broken glass, twisted buckets etc. Is this a good price? I think it is average. give the prices I have seen in this part of the country. New Hampshire. Id appreciate any infor anyone has. Thanks..feel free to email me Allan --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1985 so that would make it an E so does it have 4x4 E-hoe? how many hours on the clock? Backhoes seam to hold there value pretty good.Do you have any pics of it? How does the engine sound / look? Driveshaft seals tranni shift ok what about the pump for the hydraulics?
I merged the identical threads here so all replies are in one place.
Thanks, I never realized that about the e mail. you asked how many hours. I dont really know, as the meter is one thing that doesnt work .I guess I am relieing on the fact that I know it was in good shape when he bought it, and I have seem the upkeep he has done to it. And also its mechanical condition. Which is excellent. Ive also seen it work ,so Im comfortable with it there. I guess what I am saying is that there is a certain amount of faith in that I "know" the machine. Thanks. Allan
Allan in your 1st post, the title said 580C...then later you said 1985, which would not be a C model. get the correct year and model and post back...some pictures would be helpful
model "c"? I beklieve it says 58o c on the frame. what years would that make it?Even the owner seems not to know the year. Thanks.
Actually, since Steve merged the two threads, there are two posts about the machine in question. The one that appears as post #1 in this thread says it's a 1980 machine, which would probably be a "C" model. Perhaps the "1985" was a typo? On Edit: Actually, a good resource for any used equipment purchase: These auction results let you know what others have paid for similar equipment at auction. The link is just to one site. Google "construction auction results" and you'll get a number of useful sites. According to that site, $12,000 would be closer to the high end of the price range.
Thanks Thanks for that link. It really helps me. I seee that the machine I am considering is indeed on the high end. this isnt surprising for me. I thought it would probably be. as the seller always seems to be up there. I'm sorry for the two confusing messages. But this is an excellent site. I have solved many auto and tractor problems by people coming together on a site like this. keep up the good work. Allan
I was gonna say go to www.machinerytrader.com they list them there too . The C was made from 1976 thru 1980 then in 1981 the D Series was comming out .