Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case/Link-Belt track chains

D6c10K ยท 2022-05-03 11:39

I don't know if it's the brand of track chains that case & link-belt excavators use, but lots of the ones I see for sale have several stuck track pins. I don't seem to seen that with other manufacturers. Is that a thing with Case/Link-Belt?

Replies2
  1. #1uffex2022-05-03 12:45

    Good day If the attachment is what your post refers the issue is not isolated to those manufacturers you experience, from what I have read it is a common with many of makes. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2John C.2022-05-03 19:18

    It depends on how old the chains are. When they first started putting a grease in the pin and bushing spaces they called the tracks "Lubed." Problem with the lube is that it would harden and cause the links to bridge. There is nothing you can do to prevent it and the only real fix is to dismantle the chains, clean everything up and reassemble. It's basically the same procedure as turning pins and bushings. As I recall Sumitomo used Tope chains that were made in Japan or South Korea. As stated by Uffex above, the problems was not just with the Sumitomo product