Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case loader interest

jan79 ยท 2012-11-28 11:24

Hey. I currently have a model year 2006 Volvo L90E wheel loader. Here in Finland, Volvos I think it is overpriced. I am tempted to switch to newer wheel loader. Because Volvos are expensive, I'm thinking that I could change to another brand. A personal interest in Case wheel loader. Finland Case wheel loaders have quite a bit and that's why you will not hear the case experiences. Are there any opinions on what kind of wheel loader that case anyway? Case 821E interested in the most, I think it's a real and genuine usa product? 721E case would also perhaps. Are there any opinions on whether it is worth Volvo L90E change the Case 821E? Is the case sturdy?

Replies5
  1. #1durallymax2012-11-28 19:20

    Can't speak exactly for the L90E, but from my experiences comparing our L60E with a 621D. The prices speak the quality from my experience with the two. The Case is simple, straightforward no thrills. It works. The Volvo is advanced, efficient and comfortable but accomplishes the same task. I prefer the Volvo loaders generally, but haven't had a chance to play with the F or G series. From the way it sounds, the E series was Volvo's strongest effort, good power and performance. The owners of "F" series have said the performance with the Tier 3 engine and the revamped hydraulics weren't as good as the "E" series. The things I liked better about the Volvo over the Case were mainly comfort issues. The Case was loud, jerky and rough. The cab was more snug as well. I guess I've always preferred Volvo's large cab with wraparound dash and finger tip controls. Its the type of cab you run with the A/C on and windows closed, the Case is the type of cab you don't care as much about. The thing that sold us on the Volvo was resale and fuel usage. They really hold their value well and they sip fuel. Maybe its part of my bias against American made products , but once again it seems the Europeans have just thought out every little detail. The Volvo is very customizeable to your operation where the Case doesn't offer a lot of options. I will say that many of the features of the Volvo may be a little excessive. Do you really need an electric tilt hood? No, but it does encourage service. Reliability wise both machines seem to run okay. The Volvo has been very reliable for us, but I will say Volvo is very proud of their parts.

  2. #2jan792012-11-29 03:29

    Thanks for the reply. I am happy but in finland volvo Volvo is an expensive brand. Service is excellent but still you have to think about it is worth paying volvo? My Volvo L90E has now been driven approximately 8000 hours. If I want, or I'm going to switch to newer, changing to newer Volvo, is very expensive. That's why I'm wondering case wheel loader. Case in Finland is less expensive Volvo. I'm not a Case loader worked but I've always liked the example cummins engine strong driving force. In fact I was sitting on the case 721E cabin. I liked. Case was really neat, plenty of space, more than the Volvo. And the visibility was excellent. But it is that how strong, durable and great value case loader is, I do not know .

  3. #3durallymax2012-11-29 17:13

    Dont look at the price, look at the resale difference. For us we bought a new Volvo versus used because it was only 30K more. Resale is more important than initial purchase price. Which machine will give you the best ROI and still be worth something at the end, and move quick. Its hard to make out your post but it sounds like Case isn't very popular over there which means a used Case loader isnt going to move quickly, that translates into the dealer offering you less at trade in because it will take them longer to recoop the money. Service is worth its weight in gold. You say Volvo is excellent, why would you want to leave great service? To put this in perspective we recently spent over 100K more on a Claas over the Deere chopper because of the service. The Claas does perform better too, but if the Deere had better service we would have bought another one of them. Case does not use Cummins anymore, they haven't since 06/07ish. Everything is Fiat Power Train labeling now. Most engines were designed by CNH and Iveco. Regardless I wouldn't want anything to do with a new Cummins anyway, CNH did themselves a lot of good switching away from them, as did all of the other brands. The new breed of Cummins are noisy, inefficient, low on power and unreliable.

  4. #4jan792012-11-30 07:32

    Thank you again for your post. I can see you're not a fan of Case. I understand what you mean. Volvo has the best service organization in Finland, but it is also expensive. I myself have a small company and I have a slightly different view in that price should not be considered. Great company to invest more money in the machine because of a brand name and service availability. But a small company, we have to think about what you pay for and how much. From that cummins engine I have a slightly different view. Cummins engine is truly blessed. Hopefully, CASE's motor is as good as the previous cummins. I do not know what these machines cost in the United States for example, but for example, new volvo 120 pays here to 250.000 euros. Hyundai's similar size to pay 150,000 euros. Case's the price I do not know. If I were an employee, I would love to say that Volvo is purchased, but when I am paying, you have to think of other also.

  5. #5jan792012-11-30 09:11

    Be rectified by the subject to the extent that even if the Case is a small mark here in Finland compared to the Volvo. Newer Cases with low mileage, go pretty well sold. But that would be a problem because of the younger is very little on offer. A personal interest in 2005 and later at cases Deputy machine can then be a little older.