Hoping somebody on here can offer some help on the following: Case 1996 9030B Excavator When the machine is cool/cold controls and tracks work ok but when the machine heats up the tracks lose most of their power and to turn I have to put the bucket down and help the machine turn by assisting the turn with the boom. The bucket movement is also sluggish and the hydraulics seem to have less power when digging. I thought that I changed all the hydraulic filters but just discovered 2 more that I missed. I am going to change these this week but my question is, with the symptoms being displayed does this seem like a filter issue or something deeper? If it is something deeper can you point me in a direction to look or something different to try? Thanks, Jerry
Usually when machine has good power and loses it when hot it is a sign of weak pump. Can't push as much oil when it gets hot and thin. You need to run some pressures to eliminate pilot pump. Probally the 2 main cartridge pumps though. You need some1 with guages to confirm, although these pumps will build plenty of pressure when hot, just won't produce enough flow. The pistons in the cartridge of pumps are just like engine pistons. Engine piston rings wear and loose compression, won't hardly start when cold but warms up okay. Pistons in pump don't have rings but cylinders in cartridge and pistons get scratched up ain't gonna move oil fast enough for the size of cylinders. Like i said before, you need some1 qualified to check, but sadly......this is usually a sign of pumps. Good Luck!