Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Leak on pump housing at flywheel

Volvoec20blc ยท 2010-11-09 19:47

I have a small leak on my Volvo 210 right where the pump bolts to the flywheel. I've seen this as a common problem with many excavators. Is this a relatively simple job? I know that I would have to take a bunch of stuff of the pump to gain access to the bolts. Is it something a dealer should be doing or am I gonna get myself into trouble doing it myself?

Replies2
  1. #1Lee-online2010-11-09 19:59

    Not sure about a Volvo but the cats have a dry bell housing so if its leaking hyd oil then either the shaft seal, plug or any other seal in the bell housing is leaking. The pumps will need to be removed. I just resealed one at work. It was the shaft lip seal but i resealed everything inside.

  2. #2DirectTech2010-11-09 20:26

    It really is not a hard job but you do have to remove alot of panels and exhaust to gain access, and a crane will help.