Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case Maxi Sneaker P40 Plow Gear Box

Vince L · 2024-07-29 08:46

Looking for a Case Maxi Sneaker C P40 Plow Gear Box housing or used Gear Box assembly. Located in Englishtown NJ 07726

Replies5
  1. #1Silvercrazy312024-08-02 05:34

    Have you considered having one built I just finished building one for sprinkling company I work. These parts are getting hard to find Do you currently have any of the pieces from one like internal gears?

  2. #2Vince L2024-08-07 12:43

    Took the housing to a machine shop and they repaired the case, made a bushing to fit the inside where the case was all tore up. Ordered the rest of the parts from astec. Gears were kinda ok but needed a little massaging. we've got like nine of these maxi sneakers and this is really the first time we have had a failure like this. Unfortunately the operator using this one just kept using it until the thing actually stopped running with the plow in use. Will be going back together next week when the parts arrive. Still looking for a P40 plow assembly as a spare.

  3. #3Silvercrazy312024-08-07 15:30

    ok nice! I will keep my ears open for a p40, I am looking for internal gears for a p40 . So I can build another one. So far been really happy with first one I built I made the entire housing out of steel it’s a lot heavier but I feel it hits harder shaking the ground apart much smoother. At a lower rpm of the engine but it is louder overall noise wise. Still working on a cure for the noise problem

  4. #4Vince L2024-08-08 11:35

    Silvercrazy31, That sounds like a great idea. Yes, the gears are the issue trying to find. Did you do the machine work on the steel case or send it out ?? There's a lot more to it than just welding plates together for certain. Thanks for the tip !!

  5. #5Vince L2024-08-13 08:48

    Got the housing back from the machine shop and installed with new bearings, spacers, washers and shims. Machine shop did a wonderful job. We are up and running !!