Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case/new holland engine vs cummins. New holland w130

Thomas Brooks ยท 2022-01-09 17:14

Hey guys I have a 2005 w130 new holland loader with the new holland/case/iveco engine. 667ta/m2. It looks very similar to a 12 valve cummins (mine is 6.7 liter). My bosch ve6 rotary pump on the machine has the famous fuel leak out of the throttle shaft. I am going to pull the pump tomorrow and my local diesel shop is going to reseal it. Here's my question, the motor looks very similar to a cummins in alot of ways. Does anybody know if the cummins barring tool and timing lock pin from a cummins works on this engine? The way the counter weight is I can't turn the motor over with the crank and the neck where the manual says to push in the timing lock pin just has a pipe plug in it (from factory). Looks very similar to cummins set up and before I bought the cummins tools that are allover online I thought I'd check. I don't have a new holland/ case dealer local anymore to just stop in and talk to service or borrow a couple tools. Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1cuttin edge2022-01-09 19:13

    https://www.industryweek.com/leader...to-conclude-joint-ventures-with-cnh-and-iveco Not sure, but I found this.

  2. #2Thomas Brooks2022-01-12 18:07

    Thank you for the info and help. I ordered a barring tool and timing lock pin from case new holland that were the same tools as a cummins uses. Thought I was home free but they both are wrong. Local dealer can't help me with the correct tools so I'm trying to figure out where to go from here.

  3. #3Coy Lancaster2022-01-14 16:58

    Hey Thomas if you have a service manual in the engine section there should be a list of special tools and the barring tool and timing pin should be there and should have part numbers. At least there used to be when I worked for Case dealer.