I posted several years back about snow tires for My 244J John Deere loader, These have proven over the years since to be of great value to me and my snow plowing business. I thought this might be of value to others using their CWL's for snow work in the off season. The link below takes you to the page with info on tire package options for Deere, Case, Cat and New Holland CWL's. https://www.facebook.com/outfrontmounts/posts/452399559873756
They look like Michelin XHA tires, from looking at the tread. I, myself, prefer the XTLA tread.
We run winters on all our loaders. From an L45 Volvo, up to a L180. Take them off every spring. Paid for themselves many times.
These 3 types are what we run
I dont have facebook so the link didn't go though do you want to post a pic of what you have Here are some caps we did for a grader this fall 17.5 25 And some 22.5 truck tires I was considering a set of bridgestone polar snow tracks for the 279d CTL but that job was delayed
This is the tire in the post. More like a narrow rock tire to me. Wonder if it's soft rubber. In a bad winter, the city will hire us to push the banks back on the road going past our shop. It can be too much snow for the grader and a wing, so it's a push out and back up all along the road, both sides of the road. I've done it without winters on, and if you drop into the ditch, you're not getting out unless you use your bucket. First time I did it with the winters on, I couldn't believe how easy she backed out.
These series of tire is mixed service drive tires for Logging / construction on off use at max speeds of 55mph. They work excellent in the winter for the small compact wheel loaders!
The Michelin's are a larger, wider profile and for larger than most compacts, but they are similar looking in the tread design.
Looks like you get a bit more road speed out of them too
absolutely we do! its a nice side benefit, on some of the models we run 11R x 24.5's and get an even better pick up on road speed
You do a rim swap to. That would be nice. When the tire guy comes to our shop in the fall, he has to take tires off the rim, and back on the rim, 56 times, and then again in the spring.
UGH..... that would be a bunch of work! On the nice side we just un bolt our snow set and put them aside until next season and bring out our summer tires and bolt them back on cheap and easy in the labor sense.
We have 3 little 244 loaders pushing snow and run the nokian snow tires on them all. They work amazing and you actually run out of power before traction.
we were talking about the winter tires the other day, and I didn't realize, but some of the tires are 13 years old. Mind you they see very little dirt work, but they are taken off every spring, and stored in seacans