Hi all, I've been looking at a cheap Case 1088 for sale with a few issues. All cylinders need repacked which doesn't scare me but what does is the slow slewing speed the machine has. Other wise functions fine. 7k some hours, has sat most of it's life it appears. Any thoughts on these machines? So far from what I've found isn't very good on here.
I ordered a old shop manual for this and a parts book but is there anything obvious to check before I get a book? I'm assuming i'll need a good set of hydraulic gauges to test pressures? Any recommendations ?
I had a case 888 ,and on it the slewing function had its own pump. It went out on mine and that pump was obsolete.
From what I've found on here so far the tracks and slewing motor on these use a separate pump. The tracks function fine so i'm hoping it's just a pilot valve issue or the slewing motor itself.
parts for pumps are not available its cheap because it is scrap iron
Those machines are goofy!!! Some have stack of gear pumps, some use A8VO, looks like very old generation, with Uchida ( not yet Rexroth) still stamped on it! So far I was lucky on finding replacement pumps and motors for obsolete stuff - but it takes a lot of time, and/or some re designing! Never actually worked on these machines, but looked at them before!
My company has dismantled many of the 688, 888, and 1088 machines. They were made in France and a big flop during the 80's venture with Poclain. The 1088 uses its own swing pump that piggybacks the main pump, and just about everything on that machine is obsolete. They used bonfiglioli final drives and the cummins engine, which were the only decent things on it. I would stay away from that one, even if the price seems right!
If the mounts and shafts are standard, it is possible to find replacement knowing displacement. The question is - is it worth it?!