I know its been done to death but has anybody got a mix in for Case Power Yellow in the Rustoleum brand? I was thinking 1 gallon of Cat Yellow with a quart of Komatsu Orange and a 1/4 pint of Red and maybe a few ounces of silver just for good measure... but im color blind so it all kinda looks the same to me. Any paint techs advice or expertise would be greatly appreciated. (I know the paint pros can break down a paint color into its component colors but not at my Home Depot.) Closest match gets bragging rights. Thanks to all
I don't know if you saw this one: HeavyEquipmentForums 1968 Case 580CK says he added red and brown to rustoleum yellow. Maybe he will chime in. If not, you could PM him. Besides the "Majic" 8-0983 Case Power Yellow at Tractor Supply and Rural King there is also All States Ag Parts Case Power Yellow. https://www.ruralking.com/majic-tow...base-enamel-case-power-yellow-gallon-8-0983-1
The closest I found in Rustolium, spray can is> Tuscan{SUN} Yellow.. its STILL to bright if held side x side.. but its> A HELLUVA LOT NICER than that rusted piece of crap they sent me..{pump} LOL.!!! Like Grady said, U CAN buy it..
Be careful you don't buy Case Power Tan Yellow. It is used on late model Case equipment. It is darker than Power Yellow.
the CK came from the factory with some orange paint also. I think but not sure - running gear - engine, trans, and rear end, front and rear wheels, front suspension, maybe more. There is a Case orange by "Majic" also - not sure about the match but looks close. Agri supply is another supplier.
Yea, I think the later run 1975 was the first year the 580B-CK came in power yellow with the brown rops but not sure. I'll stick with the yellow with brown. ill post a few pics as soon as i figure out how.
Click on the blue upload a file rectangle button. Go to wherever you have the pictures stored in your computer select it / them and then click on the open button. After it uploads you can chose thumbnail or full image at the bottom of the page.
I kept thinking rustoleum made case paints.... but all I see now is ford,ac,int, cat and jd.. https://www.rustoleum.com/product-catalog/consumer-brands/specialty/farm-equipment-spray check with some of the local auto paint shops... some of them around here used to have a handheld color meter you could get a base number out of, for regular paints it worked great and if there is a decent knowledgeable person there they would know how to tweak the numbers to cancel out age and fade issues... I have seen some guys that were magical artists when it came to paint matching.
Interesting
Tractor Supply sells Case Yellow paint. I believe it is Majik brand. I saw it when I was looking for Cat yellow.
The thing about the Case Yellow is: When u see it, BUY IT..
I have found on my sun faded Case 580SE the Ace Hardware Catipillar yellow gloss to be a damn near perfect match.