Hello, I've fixed up my quick attach by making new pins and removing all the welded and bolted crap that was added. My new lock pins are the same length as the old ones and also the same length as I can find online, so the length is not the issue. When the handles are in the release position, the pins still protrude about 1/2" or so, and the roll pin can still move up by the same amount in its slot. The pins move freely, it seems as if the handles just don't have enough travel to pull them. Bolt inside spring is tight, if it was shorter it might be able to pull the pin more, however this is the factory bolt. I don't have any attachments yet so can't test to see if it will actually work as is. I plan on making some pallet forks and a bucket but need to know if the quick attach is within spec before I start using it as a template for making attachments.
Is it the normal universal "Bobcat" QA ?
Yes, the Case version of it, Case 430 series 2 machine
Should be a document online with dimensions. Try here: Skidsteer quick attach standards SAE J2513 | Farm Hack farmhack.org
Thanks, I already have that. It unfortunately does not give info on the machine side of things, especially wrt the pins protrusion. I assume the bottom plate with the holes/slots will be almost touching the machine side of the quick attach so that means the pins gave to retract more, I just can't see what is preventing them from doing so.
Should have listed all this up front instead of having me research it for you. Bye.