What is the difference between 17.5L x 24 and 19.5L x 24 tires? Height or wider? Blew one out this morning on a stump. No way of fixing it. Besides, both are dry rotted. I have the 17.5L's on now. I found two good used 19.5L x 24 on Case rims. The guy is asking $850 for the set, but if they will work, I will offer less of course. Oh, I have a 580C.
The 19.5 is a lot wider. I made the same change on my tractor. They didn't seem much higher. What is the ply rating on those 19.5Ls ? You can get new tires for that kind of money. Maybe you need the rims ??
I had talked to a old guy that has a junk yard of heavy equipment this afternoon. About a 15 mile ride. He told me that the 580C could handle the wider19.5L tire, but there is a good chance it can rub some times. Well, he just happen to have one on the rim that looked real good. $250 out the door. Sold! That one is a 12 ply with about 75% of rubber.
That is a great find fishfighter. Too bad he didn't have two of them.
Well that didn't turn out so good. Once mounting the tire, there was a bad cut on the inside. The tire had a tube in it. Had to bring I back. The old man they made a call to a whole seller of tires. He was able to get a new 12 ply for me for $343. I friend has a tire shop and charged me $19.62 for a case of beer for the three guys it took to swap out over to the new tire.