Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New piece of equipment Delivered Monday, need to train operator soon

kshansen ยท 2015-07-15 14:43

Had a new machine dropped off early Monday AM, will need to start training operator on it.

Replies19
  1. #1old-iron-habit2015-07-15 16:00

    Should be great fun training an apprentice operator that is just the right size for that machine. Enjoy it as I am sure you will.

  2. #2lantraxco2015-07-15 18:10

    Start 'em out right! :usa

  3. #3Oxbow2015-07-15 19:48

    SAE controls then?

  4. #4repowerguy2015-07-15 20:09

    Not for sure, but it looks to be a foot swing control!:tong

  5. #5jimg9842015-07-15 21:12

    that looks like a plastic bucket up front?

  6. #6hookedondiesel2015-07-16 04:59

    New Poly steel, they don't rust.

  7. #7kshansen2015-07-16 09:13

    Also don't have as much problem with dirt sticking and throwing off the scales when loading trucks.

  8. #8kenh2015-07-16 10:42

    If only that were available when I was a young'un.

  9. #9DualsportWA2015-07-16 13:23

    I'm slightly concerned about that ROPS - better make sure Junior doesn't work on much side-hill.

  10. #10kshansen2015-07-16 15:34

    Yea that is a bit on the low side to do much good, maybe I should report it to OSHA or MSHA

  11. #11lantraxco2015-07-16 15:42

    Don't even joke about it, they'll creat TSHA, y'know, toys? Serious

  12. #12Frick2015-07-16 20:08

    That front bucket will be needing a tooth bar, if you plan on doing any heavy digging

  13. #13Blk prince2015-07-16 20:47

    Showed it to my granddaughter,she wants one but it has to be pink.oboy

  14. #14kshansen2015-07-17 08:25

    Well this one is a hand-me-down from my brothers grand daughters and they had no problem with it not being pink! Just tell your granddaughter that Cat Yellow is the "new pink"!

  15. #15old-iron-habit2015-07-17 08:54

    Is your brother a mechanic also. That machine looks well maintained for being used. LOL

  16. #16Blk prince2015-07-17 08:56

    I will do that,should work.

  17. #17kshansen2015-07-18 12:05

    Well trainee showed up today, just trying out the controls. Still need to pass pee test, that should be no problem getting a sample!

  18. #18Blk prince2015-07-18 12:18

    Any discussion about rate of pay? Maybe a box of favorite cookies from Gramother? So nice to see green grass.

  19. #19kshansen2015-07-18 12:59

    Yes I hear the "Pacific North Wet" is not exactly "Wet" this year. Out in California they are fighting over water here we have had the canal system closed at times as the water level was too high making navigation hazardous. I had to wait a couple weeks for yard where this picture was taken to dry off enough get firewood delivered.