Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CASE’s parts shopping website, bad or is it me?

Birdseye · 2020-12-05 09:50

Hi After emailing and directly phoning my local CASE dealer for parts prices and availability, I thought I’d try their website and lookup the parts info myself. I was very disappointed, it’s almost like they don’t want to sell parts. I expected to find parts diagrams with numbers and prices of each part for each machine. This is the way it is for many machines, for example Kubota at Messicks.com. CASE just lists a few parts for each category with no pictures or diagram. Are they pushing customers to call the dealership rather than automate the part ordering process. Or am I missing something?

Replies6
  1. #1excavator2020-12-05 11:22

    I thought it was just me but I've found the same thing. They used to have a pretty good site, you had to sign up for it and use a password ect. but it worked well. The last time I tried it didn't work so well. And Kobelco used to be included in the same site even after they split with Case but they no longer appear to be and I have yet to find a good site for them.

  2. #2stinky642020-12-05 12:47

    Coleman equipment used to be a great resource,parts diagrams easy ordering, etc..They gouged a little bit on shipping ,but parts themselves were a little cheaper than my local dealership, and no 90 mile round trip for pickup...But for some reason Case pi$$ed on that fire...

  3. #3Tinkerer2020-12-05 19:45

    I don't know why you aren't seeing the diagrams, I do. If you look on the parts pages they only list what is in their inventory. Also if you look closely there is a box on each page that says sometime mid December they are reinstating the complete parts list.

  4. #4Birdseye2020-12-05 21:13

    Ok thanks Tinkerer, now I found the diagrams, but it takes some digging/clicking: Casement.com Select country Click on : “+” at top of page “parts catalog” “Light equipment “ “Loader Backhoes” “SE” “580se - CASE Super-e” ....finally, here are the part categories and a button to switch between diagrams and descriptions, click on the description and see the price etc.

  5. #5Tinkerer2020-12-05 23:09

    Ummm, It is a lot easier if you bookmark this page. https://www.mycnhistore.com/us/en/casece/na/light-equipment/loader-backhoes/cn/NA_E_S_49 For loaders go here. https://www.mycnhistore.com/us/en/c...nt/loader-tractors/case/cn/NA_E_S_50_255_CASE Need info for a Model 35 backhoe go here. https://www.mycnhistore.com/us/en/casece/search/?text=35&byModel=1 #33 backhoe ? -- In the TYPE box on the search bar select keyword /part number. Then type 33 in the search bar. You will get this page. https://www.mycnhistore.com/us/en/casece/search/?text=33&byModel=1

  6. #6Birdseye2020-12-06 09:51

    Agreed, using bookmarks is the way to go. Another trick to finding things on the CASE site: I’ve found that searching by ‘keyword’ is more successful than searching by part number because there are so many obsolete part numbers. Also I’m not sure what search type=“PIN number” is used for , I haven’t found anything using it. For example if I search for a water temperature sending unit for a 580se: - suppose I have no idea what category or section it’s listed under then I definitely won’t find it quickly searching thru machine diagrams - if I know the original part number, search by type=PIN# D65446 brings back nothing.... but search by type=keyword/Part# D65446 brings back the part - if I don’t know the part number and only a description, then searching by “water temperature” using type=‘keyword/part#’ brings back 15000 results but the correct part is the 20th in the list. In the results I can find all the new and old part numbers and look up the part in the index of my original paper book 580se Parts Catalog then find the page , category and diagram. With the parts category, I can also find the diagram via the online machine lookup. Like most things in life ‘practice makes perfect’ ...