Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

case skid steer power loss

jingle28 ยท 2015-03-11 21:49

I have a1845c skid steer that has been running great and Just that quick lost power. In my experience it is either air in the system or dirty fuel. Fuel is fresh and I bled the lines but did not change anything... Any thoughts

Replies3
  1. #1sheepfoot2015-03-11 22:52

    First check the shutoff valve on the fuel tank. Does your machine have one or two fuel filters, have you changed them. Do you have a s/n of the machine, they used three different injection pumps, three different shut offs, two different lift pumps.

  2. #2jingle282015-03-12 07:22

    Don't know the s/n... Is a stanadyn injection pump with an electric lift pump... I just changed the fuel filter before winter but this machine did sit for a few years before I bought it in the fall... My first thought was to replace filter and maybe add a second on the supply line... I know it should have a second one just didn't when I bought it.

  3. #3Hardline2015-03-12 10:53

    If it has an electric pump someone has added that. That machine should have a me ah I Al lift pump on the block. Should also be an inline screen before the lift pump. Check to see if that is still there and if it has not been changed change it. Also does your electric pump that someone scabed in there have the inline filter on the inlet? If so I'm sure it's plugged. Check fuel supply to the injection pump. Sounds like a supply problem. Possible electric pump quit too.