Hello, I'm new to this machine (2009 Case Super M Series 3), as well as the forum, and I could use some help with a current issue i'm having. I noticed shortly after getting the machine, the parking brake switch does not work. When i toggle it, it does nothing. I also have noticed when starting the machine cold, the parking brake is engaged, and often stays on, until it warms up. I attributed this to fluid warming up, and moving about the transmission, and satisfying some sensor. So i know i need to check the parkign brake switch for power, as well as the solenoid, however, when the machine is running, it appears that transmission fluid is leaking from the parking brake solenoid block. There's a couple holes in the block, and one of them seems to be allowing fluid out of it. Is this normal? Is it serving as an overflow? Is the solenoid defective or damaged? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Tom
I would say you have a problem with the brake solenoid. It shouldn't leak at all.
Thank you. i'll have a closer look at it.