Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

case sr150 Electric/hydraulic controls

tooksumdoin ยท 2013-02-07 22:24

Have recently purchased a sr150 with electric over hydraulic joystick controls & am having huge difficulty coming to grips getting used to them.they have various settings but no matter where we set them we dont seem to be able to get smooth operation.When we get them as fluent as possible if you release the control the skid steer contiues to move. In tight spaces it is almost impossible to control.Has anybody else had this problem & if so is it confined to electric over hydraulc machines or just this particular model

Replies5
  1. #1durallymax2013-02-07 23:51

    We have the same issues with our 262C2 Cat. Its kind of the nature of the beast, eventually you get used to thinking 3 steps ahead while thinking 5 steps back and it comes naturalish. Many of us got used to just using the throttle to control speed and leaving the stick forward, so the issue would come when we would just let off the throttle then the stick. if we kept the throttle up and let off the stick it was more responsive. Another issue a lot of people had was yanking the stick back as a panic response to the machine not stopping, this causes it to roll further due to the "abuse prevention" programmed into them. Eventually you figure out that the gentler you are with the EH sticks, the faster they respond, you have to be slow and precise to make them quick. its tough to grasp, but if all of your machines use EH or this is your only machine, it shouldn't be too hard. Our issues come from having 2 with pilots and one with EH, messes a lot of the guys up. i guess I don't notice it, but some have a real hard time.

  2. #2dave esterns2013-02-08 14:22

    we got the jcb with electric controls, and it seems to be both smooth and precise. it seems to do just what you tell it to, to the extent such a system can. if you let go of the stick it stops right away, but doesn't throw you outta the seat.

  3. #3KSSS2013-02-08 14:40

    You mention that your machine has various settings so I assume that your machine has the ability to adjust the speed, sensitivity and so forth. Are you adjusting the settings correctly? My brother who has a 220 thought his machine was also too jerky. When I was home over Christmas I reset the machine by reducing the sensitivity and backed off the speed. He loves it, completely different in the way the machine handles. If you are correctly adjusting the EH and the machine is responding correctly (which I would assume it is or I would think it would throw a code) then its you adjusting to the controls. As durallymax said you have to change the way you handle the machine. I go back and forth between the TR320 and a servo 465 with no problems. I also run H pattern which I think makes a difference. I find it easier to be percise with this pattern but I am also an old CASE guy and thats what I have always run. There is a saying that goes like this "slow is smooth, and smooth is fast". I preach it to anyone that comes to work for me as an operator. I would first reconfirm that your making the adjustments correctly. This becomes obvious if you operate the machine at one end of the scale and then adust to the other. You will see the difference in the reaction, then adjust it in the direction you want the controls to respond for optimum use. I wish I could remember what numbers I set my brothers 220 at I would give the same settings to you and see what you think. If you continue to have trouble post back and I will get his settings and relay them to you for you to try.

  4. #4billybonca2024-12-29 21:11

    I have an SR130 with the same issue It is serious and dangerous. I have several different skidsteer makes and models. I am afraid to let this one go out to work for fear of damage to people and surrounding property. It is a pain to even install a bucket ! It has 700 hrs on it now and has not been on a job in about a year. Had it at the Dealership for approx 3 weeks and still the same. Obviously Case knew it is an issue because the newer electronic joystick machines are fine. The dealer said they set up all the parameters of the controls and nothing else they can do for it, Get Used to It !!! I am in the rental business. Am I to give customers a couple free days to Get Used to IT ????? Or get Sued when someone gets hurt when I knew it was an issue and it is well publicized on Forums etc

  5. #5Vetech632024-12-30 07:50

    Sounds like a prime candidate for an auction to me.