I was wondering what I need to do with this code. I tried to reset it and it won't reset and I even put a new egr valve on it. The code came on at exactly 3k hours. Has anyone else ever dealt with these loaders? Thank you!
Do you know what the code is? Is it throwing a yellow sign or red?
Yeah the code is 3977. Perform maintenance egr timing 1-2. It's derated and only runs 1450 rpm. It's the yellow light.
Whats the serial number and hours? Are there any other codes or is that the only one? This code is set at 3000 hours automatically for egr valve maintenance. Egr valve needs to be removed and cleaned (dont spray valve with cleaner. clean with damp rag) if valve is stuck it should be replace. Once clean the dealer needs to reset egr valve with the service tool .
Sorry I shouldn't post before I have coffee. Was the code reset with dealer service tool? Is the code still set?
A friend of mine has a case service tool and we cleared every other code it had but this one won't clear. I might have to get the dealer out to clear it then. I took the egr off and cleaned it and it moved fine. And I did end up putting a new one on it anyway.