Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case sr200 flow rate/slasher

James Patrick ยท 2022-02-25 22:20

Gday all, Could someone please tell me what the correct flow rate is for a 2012 case sr200? Also bought a used slasher to use on the sr200 its a Norm engineering brand built in Australia was ordered new and used on a New Holland C227 standard flow machine,bit concerned needs more flow than the sr200 produces,used it only for a short time works really well,just not sure if and what problems I will have if the flow is not quite up to it.any help appreciated Cheers James

Replies3
  1. #1KSSS2022-02-26 00:46

    The regular aux flow for a 200 made about 23 gpm give or take a gallon. I am not sure what a slasher is, is that a mower? If the Norm machine recommends around that amount it should be fine. The 227 makes around the same amount on reg. aux flow.

  2. #2James Patrick2022-02-26 01:50

    Gday KSSS,thanks very much for your reply answered my question perfectly,yes it's a mower we just call them slashers in Australia,wasnt sure as norm engineering company don't really state flow rate for there mowers just that they match flow for the machine you have,they have c227 stamped on the serial tag,hey thanks again much appreciated... Cheers James

  3. #3DDoug2022-02-26 14:43

    Because I didn't have enough flow for a enclosed 6' wide brush hog (I only had 9.5 gpm) I made an 4' wide cutter, it just knocks them down, no mulching. I could see the slang term "Slasher" applied to it. I call it the Thrash-A-Matic.....