Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case SR210 ATS Fail

KDO ยท 2021-03-15 10:50

I have a 2017 Case SR210 with the ATS Fail message and code 3978, Particulate Matter Catalyst (PMCat) : Signal range check flow resistance of the particulate filter - high. This is the only code that its showing. Anyone else ever have ATS Fail with this code? What should I start checking? It will crank over but not start.

Replies3
  1. #1Muffler Bearing2021-03-16 10:03

    Sorry man, for some reason it didn't complete a couple of regens and now the soot load is high enough that it locked out. It might be fine after a complete service regen, but you'll need a Case tech to connect a lap top too it. Has it done a lot of idling or lugging? you need to run that thing hard

  2. #2KDO2021-03-16 11:10

    Thanks Muffler Bearing. Unfortunately the last time it was used, it wasn't used at WOT. It was used putting slats back in a chicken house and doing that cant be done wide open. I don't have a Case dealer close. I have seen people selling Case/New Holland software online but its pricey and I don't know if its legit. Do you or anyone on here have experience with it?

  3. #3Muffler Bearing2021-03-16 11:53

    No, I'm with a dealer, so I only have the high $$ stuff. I wish I knew a back door for you. This is one of those times when I gotta admit it's really not fair. You haven't done anything wrong and nothing's really broken. The machine is treating you like you tried to cheat even though you didn't.