I heard a rumor today that Case was going to divest themselves of the Sumitomo line and start marketing the Kobelco lines as Case. Can anyone confirm of deny this? Thanks
I had a good look around to see if there was anything confirming this but come up with zilch. It would seem like a real logical progression since Kobelco are part of the Case group.
I think it is Case are part of the New Holland group, New Holland have an agreement with Kobelco.I hope it is an unfounded rumor as the Case/Sumitomo is an excellent machine and it lessens the competition and selection to chose from.
Case/Sumitomo Case, Kobelco and New Holland are all owned by Fiat. A few months ago Case divested it"s 50% share of LinkBelt. LinkBelt is now fully owned by Sumitomo. Case CX-B series and LinkBelt X2 Series are the same machine except paint color. The Case divesture of LinkBelt is likely what you heard about.
This was taken from the CNH site under the history section for the year 2000.. http://dgtclienti.dgtmedia.com/fiatgroup/index_en.html So Kobelco are owned by kobe Steel and New Holland is a joint venture ..........................
hi,is the samsung excavator still made by volvo..someone is trying to sell me a samsung excavator but the engine is cummins,im still confused cause he claims its a samsung(volvo) what then is volvo
Volvo bought Samsung and Volvo still support parts for these machines.
I know Case had bought out all of the Link-Belt interest with Sumitomo some years ago as I had contacts at the Link-Belt dealership. The talk at that time was that Case would shut down the Link-Belt line. It didn't happen we believe because of the strength of Link-Belt in the forestry market. Link-Belt always stayed in the crane business and we figured they focus on that. Link-Belt did come out with products that were made in Italy such as articulated trucks and some other construction equipment. I never did find out who was making those items. At any rate it appears the rumor remains unresolved for now. Thanks to all!
Maybe I can shed a little light or add more confusion, but here it goes... CASE and Link Belt are now the exact same machine except for one minor detail. Paint. They are both Sumitomo branded machines. The older CASE ie. 9020, 9030 and so on were also the same as 2800's and so on Link Belts except for the engines, paint and programing the information center to read LinkBelt. CASE, New Holland, Kobelco, Ferrari, Jaguar, Chrysler and many others are owned by the Fiat Group. CNH (case-new hiolland) has branded together as a company, kobelco is like a sister company for CNH. Case's mini Excavators are actually Kobelco mini excavtators just painted a different color. New Hollands Loader landscaper is a CASE 570MXT with different paint colors and fenders. So its very confusing and it doesnt make much sense from the outside looking in, but there has to be some kind of advantage from a business standpoint by doing all this.
Kobe steel Kobelco is owner by Kobe steel and have a joint venture with Case/New Holland I will say it again Kobelco is owner by Kobe steel and have a joint venture with Case/New Holland
You are correct Stock. Kobelco Construction Machinery Co., Ltd. is 80% owned by Kobe Steel and 20% owned by CNH. http://www.kobelco-kenki.co.jp/english/corporateinfo/profile/outline.html It seems very strange in Australia where companies that have very little market presence here like Fiat and Renault now own huge world wide companies like Case, Iveco, Mack, Nissan, Volvo, etc. It is unlikely that Kobe Steel is ever going to be bought out as they are such a massive company and construction equipment is only a small part of their operation, but stranger things have happened.
A little touchy stock? I was paraphrasing the comments to simplify the fine details. (thebaz) correct the actual numbers are 20% CNH Global ownership. No biggie "is like a sister company" is too broad of a comment. Sorry about that. Let me repeat "to broad of a comment." http://www.kobelco.co.jp/english/corp/facts_figures/2010/ There is another link where you can check this out.
CNH owns LBX which is the old Link-Belt Construction company and which markets the Link-Belt excavator line. The rumor is that Case is going to divest itself of that line. The history of that purchase can be found here: http://www.linkbelt.com/masters/home_about.htm Since that is the line that Case also uses to market their Sumitomo excavators in the United States market, one has to wonder if and why CNH would wish to do this. Possible scenarios could include the end of the Link-Belt excavator line and running a single brand of Sumitomo excavator under the Case name, Link-Belt buying their way out of the CNH umbrella and running their own line of Sumitomo excavators with Case marketing the Kobelco line or finally, Case selling the line back to Sumitomo who could then operate Link-Belt on their own terms. As far as the CNH relationship with Kobelco, I was told by the local Kobelco dealer that CNH bought the rights to manufacture and sell the Kobelco line in the United States and that there were other arrangements made in other parts of the world. I know the Kobelco line is or was assembled in the Atlanta, Georgia area. At any rate all I wished to do was verify or discredit the rumor as we have some loud mouth dealer people in my area spouting this like the deal was done a long time ago. From the responses here, I think that some sales people are blowing hot air. It will feel good to pour some cold water on the rumor. Thanks to all who responded!
I ran a Kobeloco 907 and an LK600 loader back in the '80s and they were sold and serviced by the local Case dealer who obviously had the franchise back then. Maybe they had things in the works even back then?Ron G
Yes I can be an ole grouchy git when I feel I'm being ignored, some folks still seem to believe that Case own kobelco and in a couple of weeks if this subject is revisited some one will come right out and say it again. Now to put a further fly in the ointment I read some where that fiat is looking to divest it group of companies.
John C sez: "CNH owns LBX which is the old Link-Belt Construction company and which markets the Link-Belt excavator line. The rumor is that Case is going to divest itself of that line. The history of that purchase can be found here:" CNH does not own Link Belt (LBX). Link Belt Excavators (LBX) was a joint venture between Case & Sumitomo. In May of 2010, Sumitomo announced they had purchased the Case share of the joint venture and 100% owned Link Belt excavators.
i like my case 9030b i mean sumitumo i mean link belt i mean kobelco
If Case has divested itself of its LBX line does anybody know where it will get its machines from? I would assume Kobelko because they outfit the rest of CNH and Case's mini excavators.
I don't know about the LBX line but Case has just released it's "C" series machines and they still look different from the New Holland/Kobelco machines, plus the cab and body design still is different. And the Case machines are still using the Isuzu diesels and New Holland/Kobelco are using Iveco. So I think it's still safe to say that Case isn't putting they're sticker on a Kobelco machine yet. http://www.casece.com/wps/portal/ca...brandsite_geo=NA&model=Model_Excavator_CX350C http://northamerica.construction.newholland.com/product.php?productId=754 http://www.lbxco.com/home.asp The Link Belt machines still look very much like the Case ones and are still running Isuzu power so maybe it'll be a few years down the road they will discontinue marketing excavators, who knows? I just hope Case keeps marketing the Sumitomo machines they're a pretty decent machine.
I was told by a new holland rep that the Case-Sumitomo arrangement was in place before CNH came into being. That contract arrangement had several years to go before CNH could get out of it(if they wanted to) However, the case excavators were eventually destined to become re-badged Kobelco machines. To me it makes sense. Plus, CNH will have more buying power if they combine their purchases into one product.
Old Hy Hoe Can anyone tell me where a data plate or identification tag would be on an old HyHoe