Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

MDI/YUTANI Hydraulic Excavators

MR. KOBELCO ยท 2010-10-19 21:10

1) are you having trouble searching for new o.e.m., remanufactured, reconditioned, or new aftermarket replacement parts? 2) is your machine acting up and not running the way it should? 3) do you require help pin-pointing the root cause of the problem? 4) do you have any unanswered questions? 5) are you looking for manuals specific to your model and by serial number? please post your topics here. i will do my best to help out. as i am also sure and gladly invite the other experienced kobelco mechanics on this forum to ring in with their advice as well! thank-you!

Replies40
  1. #1MR. KOBELCO2010-10-19 21:14

    please do not forget to include your model along with the serial number of your machine in the post. also, in regards to the engine, the make, model type and serial number helps. cheers!

  2. #2MDI Digger2010-10-20 17:06

    I've got a Yutani 120 LC that makes a lot of noise when I try to swing. Can you lend me some advise?? I think the machine is about a '92. (The plate with the Serial number got torn off somewhere along the line.) Everything else about the machine seems to be ok. I would be interested in tracking down a service manual for it as well. Thanks....

  3. #3MR. KOBELCO2010-10-20 20:29

    hi MDI Digger, please note, on the MDI/Yutani's & Kobelco's both have a few locations of which you will find the ser# of your machine. the main area after the tag is to look between the two lift cyl (boom cyl) and etched into the upper structure platform edge will be your serial number. regarding your noise, 1) the grease fitting seen on the outer circumference of the turntable is there to grease the swing bearing. EP2 grease. to be done every 500 hours and one shot with a hand grease gun at 4 points ( each 90 degrees apart ). 2) the slewing gear is accessed from the top side by an oval plate. plate found usually either in the front battery box, between battery box and lift cyls or between the cyls in front of the swing gear reduction. the slewing gear is to be topped with grease once a year after draining off the center slew from drain plate up underneath. remove rectangular plate and tip machine to drain off water that has collected. the grease to top with is a Moly EP2. water does not easily dilute and wash away moly ep2. the grease should rise approx 1/3rd the way up between the meshing gear teeth. 3-5 teeth will be exposed scoop in and swing to expose 3-5 more, repeat until 360 degrees has be topped. 3) have you checked the gear oil level in the swing gear reduction? it takes 80W-90 gear oil. this oil same as the final drives is best to change out every 1,000 hours. level in final drives should be checked at least once a week. the swing gear oil should be checked each time you check the engine oil before you run the machine. the dipstick also acts as the air breather vent. the hole in the stem connects to the end of the loop you grab to pop up. make sure the channel is not blocked. if blocked the gearbox can pressurize and push your gear oil out the bottom gearbox seal. if the very end of the dipstick is ballooned and/or split it will act as a syphon and draw your level down. 4) after all the above is looked at and if needed corrected, and the noise continues... if it sounds like a metal on metal sound? i will need more specifics. such as when does the noise occur? is the noise when the swing motion stops? is the nosie when the swing motion begins? is the noise only in one direction? please keep me/us advised cheers!

  4. #4MR. KOBELCO2010-10-20 20:31

    hi MDI Digger, one more question for you. does your machine have counterweight lights?

  5. #5MR. KOBELCO2010-10-20 21:02

    click on the link supplied below for accessing Kobelco's online parts catalog (OPC) parts catalog is for machines setup for the North America market. https://webparts.pvassociates.net/cnh/webparts/main.php note; in your web browser you may have to add this page to the compatibilty view settings

  6. #6MR. KOBELCO2010-10-20 21:10

    hi MDI Digger, as soon as i get your serial number i can then provide you pricing and availabity on your service manual. with the part number you can purchase from any kobelco dealer. manuals are ordered from DMC (documents management center) try the link above OPC. in the search field type " MD " you should find your parts catalog, be careful to match your serial number. also, your engine type Mitsubishi or Isuzu example type ie; 6D16T ( mitsi ) or Isuzu model type the engine parts catalogs for these older machines were a seperate entity back then. cheers!

  7. #7MDI Digger2010-10-21 09:08

    Hi Mr. Kobelco - Thanks so much for the information... I will get back to you later today with the serial number after I check my machine. And no, there are no lights on the counterweight.

  8. #8MDI Digger2010-10-21 18:22

    Hey Mr. Kobelco - I found some numbers on the boom near the pivot point. They are as follows: 40x01002. The other sets are P411 & S893. Do any of these numbers help? I had everything greased but I found no oil when I checked the dip stick at the center of the machine...I'm guessing that that is my problem.... It is making a metal on metal sound when I turn left and/or right. The noise has gotten louder since I greased the table. Thanks again in advance, Jim

  9. #9MR. KOBELCO2010-10-21 21:13

    those are not the right numbers. 1) there is the tag, usually on the outside of the cab below the cab door. 2) if standing facing the front of the machine glance down looking right on the edging of the upper platform, between the boom cylinders. ser# stamped into the metal. 3) last place, climb up on machine, where the boom foot is. the edge of the ears/boss just on the back side slope is the ser# also stamped.

  10. #10MDI Digger2010-10-22 19:53

    Hey Mr. Kobelco - I'm having no success finding the serial number. I'm very frustrated... The tag under the cab door has gotten ripped off somewhere along the way and I can't find the stampings in either of the other two places that you mentioned. I looked between the boom cylinders and climbed up on the boom, but I haven't found any numbers. Am I looking in the right places? I believe the machine is an '89....would that make a difference as to the location of the serial number? I contacted the place I bought it from but they don't keep records that long. (I bought it around '96 or '97.) Would it help you at all if I sent pictures of the machine? Thanks, Jim

  11. #11MR. KOBELCO2010-10-23 16:48

    hi MDI Digger, we'll forget about the serial number for now. i'll check to see which kobelco model is comparable to your md120lc. i logged into the kobelco opc and noticed that your md120lc model did not show up in the list of available parts catalogs. i have notified kobelco of this twice now. with some luck they will be included in the next updated release. i do know that the hard copy of the parts cat can be purchased. have you looked into the other checks i mentioned? keep us advised and good luck narrowing down your noise!

  12. #12MR. KOBELCO2010-10-23 16:55

    my contact information. Adam Fairchild, C.F.P.S. ( Certified Fluid Power Specialist ) Hydraulic Specialist Parts & Service Manager Robert Green Equipment Sales Ltd. 41 Cardico Drive, P.O. Box 128 Gormley, Ontario Canada L0H 1G0 ph: (905) 888-9070 fax: (905) 888-9013 mobile: (416) 896-2442 home: (905) 697-9626 personal e-mail: [email protected] e-mail: [email protected] ROBERT GREEN EQUIPMENT SALES LTD. http://www.robertgreenequipment.com KOBELCO http://www.kobelcoamerica.com/Pages/homepage.aspx KOBELCO & MDI/YUTANI CUSTOMER ONLINE PARTS CATALOG (OPC) CNH/KOBELCO original parts https://webparts.pvassociates.net/cnh/webparts/main.php HULTDINS http://www.hultdins.com/ INDEXATOR ROTOTILT http://www.indexatornorthamerica.com/

  13. #13finaldrive2010-10-23 19:23

    Adam, the MD120 is the same as the K905LC (straight) As I'm sure you know, this model was not continued into the Kobelco series. None of the "A", "C", "D" or "E" models were continued. I'd be surprised if Kobelco has this book available any longer. Are they still using the same printing company as they did when Kobelco was in Stafford, TX? The serial number is stamped into the frame as you said. Probably will need to scrape the paint off. Stand directly under the boom and look at the frame between the ears where the boom cylinders mount. It will be stamped into the frame. Like I said, you will most likely have to remove paint and get down to the steel to see it. It will start with YP- or LP-

  14. #14MDI Digger2010-10-23 20:55

    Hey - I will check the machine again in the morning for the serial number. I clicked on the link that you gave me: https://webparts.pvassociates.net/cnh/webparts/main.php and got a message of: CNH Dealer Online Parts Catalog - Error There was no user session detected. Your session may have been terminated due to a lack of activity in the last 30 minutes. I'm batting a thousand!!!!

  15. #15MDI Digger2010-10-25 18:38

    Hey Guys - Thanks - I finally found the serial number ....right where you said it would be....just buried under a few layers of paint. The number is: YP-0544 I hope that helps!!

  16. #16finaldrive2010-10-25 18:41

    YP-0544 is a 1987 K905A LC I stand corrected in my earlier post. I'm at the office now and found all my old MDI/Yutani info. From Kobelco America the cross reference is as follows: MD140C = SK120LC-III MD200C = SK200LC-III MD240C = SK220LC-III MD140BLC = K905LC-II MD200BLC = K907LC-II MD240BLC = K909LC-II MD320BLC = K912LC-II MD450BLC = K916LC-II MD120 = K905A MD180 = K907D MD300 = K912A MD400 = K916LC

  17. #17MDI Digger2010-10-25 18:55

    Can you find me a manual for my model? As I've mentioned...it's a: '87 - Yutani 120 LC

  18. #18finaldrive2010-10-25 19:00

    That's all Adam there. It's online as Adam pointed out. http://www.kobelcoamerica.com/partscatalog/Pages/partscatalog.aspx At the bottom left it says "Click here to view the Online Parts Catalog" Click it, then enter K905 where it has Model and hit enter. Look for the K905ALC ASN YP0301 (ASN = after serial number)

  19. #19MDI Digger2010-10-25 20:03

    Thanks!! I found it. Mr. Kobelco, (Adam)....Where can I get my hands on a hard copy of the parts manual? Jim

  20. #20MR. KOBELCO2010-10-25 21:45

    hey MDI Digger (Jim), just getting caught up here,...i can help you with the manuals, service, parts, operators, maintenance and engine, etc... now that i have your ser# i will look into tomorrow and hopefully by end of day i will e-mail you a quote. you can then either purchase thru us or take the part numbers and order thru any kobelco dealer. just read and noticed that your swing gear reduction had no oil in it. if you fire me your fax# i do believe i have a hard copy parts manual at work. this will get you started. tks. adam.

  21. #21finaldrive2010-10-25 23:07

    Back to the noise..is it a grinding noise and can you feel it? Or is it "whining" noise? I can tell you this much. If you have a swing problem on this machine it's going to be very expensive and very difficult to find parts. The style of motor on this machine is obsolete as well as the gearbox. Hopefully it's not more than bearings and seals in either one.

  22. #22MDI Digger2010-10-26 11:23

    Mr.Kobelco (Adam) I don't have a FAX readily available to me right now.... Could you send the page(s) I need by e-mail? I could give you an e-address to send it to. Finaldrive - It makes a grinding noise. I noticed that it made a whining noise every time I greases the swing table. I wasn't aware of the swing gear needing 90 weight oil.... Wish I had known to check that. I hope that I haven't created a 28,000# paper weight!!

  23. #23finaldrive2010-10-26 18:06

    Sounds like bearings in your swing gearbox. Check it out before it becomes real expensive.

  24. #24MR. KOBELCO2010-10-26 23:11

    hi MDI Digger, there should be a manufacturers tag untop the swing hyd motor assy. likely 2. one on the swing hyd valve and the other untop the motor. please record all the numbers on these tags and advise. this will help ensure i provide proper parts breakdown and part numbers applicable to you.

  25. #25MDI Digger2010-10-28 15:11

    Hey Mr. Kobelco - I found the number plate on the swing motor assy. They are as follow: Type: MX111A0-10A-01-85 For Use: 41U556F1 No: 320710378 (I'm pretty sure of this number, although that part of the plate was pretty scratched up.) Thanks again, Jim (Digger)

  26. #26MDI Digger2010-10-30 11:27

    Thanks for all of the info so far... I haven't taken the swing gearbox apart yet, but I'm pretty sure I screwed it up good. What do you think the approximate cost would be if I need to replace most or all of the gearbox? Are there any used parts available for a machine that old anymore?

  27. #27MR. KOBELCO2010-11-04 22:11

    this is a good link to kobelco's online parts catalogs http://www.kobelcoamerica.com/partscatalog/Pages/partscatalog.aspx

  28. #28andyjselby2010-11-20 03:31

    Hi, first time user so might be wrong place. Got a kobelco sk50 digger, very weak on tracking, had a new hydraulic pump (tracking one is the one fixed to side of engine I think) but still bad. Could it be the pressure set wrong, how do I check and adjust or is this the obvious tracking motors knackered. Any advice appreciated, thanks Andy

  29. #29MR. KOBELCO2010-11-20 09:52

    hi andyjselby, i can look at the hyd schematics of your model to try directing on where to first check. then isolate the root cause of your problem but i will need your serial number. ser# PJ........ ? by the way, hyd pressure is a resistance to flow, a relief valve limits the system pressure. the relief pressure is set at that moment in time when your flow was good. with hyd motors high flow = low torque low flow = high torque you likely have a flow problem if it was fine before and then changed...adjusting pressure reliefs is just attempting to bandaid the root problem you are not really fixing it. try using stalling pins to locking both sprockets. then at wide open throttle, stall both motors travelling forward. using your senses, listening and touch, listen to the hyd travel motor for sounds of hyd oil bypassing also touch (or with a temp gun) feel both hyd motor case drain lines. the one if bad will get hot. excessive internal leakage...any hyd oil that is not doing work transforms into heat.

  30. #30american2011-03-11 16:17

    Hydraulic Pressures 1987 Yutani MD300 Excavator #YC00120. I am experiencing very slow response in the functions of crawling and bucket curl. I believe that the pump pressures need adjusting. I am unable to obtain any information regarding the necessary pressures relative to the calabration. Please advise.

  31. #31MR. KOBELCO2011-03-20 11:11

    hi american, please keep in mind... hyd oil flow equals speed. pressure is created by a resistance to the oil flow. adjusting relief valves will not increase your speed. you likely have a control problem or a bypassing of hyd oil to tank. please e-mail me at [email protected] update me of what you have done and i'll review. i can likely send you some tech info. note: whatever you do, do NOT adjust the main hyd pump settings. these are not reliefs, they are calibration settings. adjusting will throw the pumps out and the only way to get back and proper is to remove, overhaul and have calibrated by a reputable hyd pump rebuild shop. with a hyd test stand large enough to run it at full horsepower. few out there can do this right. cheers! adam

  32. #32MR. KOBELCO2011-03-20 11:20

    if your crawling is noticed on the right hand track, sprockets at rear and sitting in cab seat? the right hand track is run by hyd pump P1. the primary hyd pump for bucket is also P1. P1 hyd pump is common. have you cut open the hyd pump spin-on case drain filter to check for signs off brass? is there brass in the hyd tank? on your machine you will have 4 reliefs (not counting the circuit overload reliefs of cylinders and hyd motors) each pump will see 2 reliefs. one travel relief and one attachment relief. are your travel pedals cable or hyd pilot control? adam.

  33. #33american2011-03-31 09:33

    More info for Yuanti MD 300 Thanks for your reply regarding my Yutani 300 hydraulic pump issues. I understand your comments. I presently have the machine in the hands of a reputable shop. The pumps had previously been disturbed by others some time ago. My current shop is asking if you may be able to provide the flow rates to him. He states that this might help the cause a bit. Can you provide this info to me? Thank you for your help.

  34. #34rgp100k2011-04-04 21:45

    I am new for that kobelco machine , i cant find where in serial number locate. Cant u guide me.My model is kobelco yutani SK04-N2. I have problem with my machine after 2 hour working it lost power to move. I what to know what happen with my machine. Can u give me where can i find manual for tha machine.

  35. #35MR. KOBELCO2011-04-05 10:18

    hi, it will be much easier for the both of us if you can take a digital picture of your machine - all 4 sides, front, back, right and left i will then indicate on the picture as where your serial number should be etched into the metal structure. please e-mail your photos to -> " [email protected] " cheers! adam

  36. #36MR. KOBELCO2011-04-05 10:20

    hi american, i will see what i can get them but i will require all the numbers taken off the manufacturers tag right on the hydr pump itself adam.

  37. #37american2011-04-19 12:53

    manufacturers tag numbers MR. KOBELCO the tag reads as follows: Type NV137-1201-R1620B-6. Thankyou very much.

  38. #38MR. KOBELCO2011-04-19 18:55

    sorry, stupid me... for me to get them this info i am going to have to have a fax number. please provide. i am at training tomorrow but will be back at our shop the next day. as soon as i get the fax number i'll send what i have. cheers! please e-mail fax number to -> " [email protected] "

  39. #39daniudada2012-04-04 09:04

    Hi Adam, Thanks for the CNH Parts & service catalog

  40. #40daniudada2012-04-04 09:11

    Hi, Can I get the hydraulic diagram for the Sk04-N2 YW-078xx ? I have some problem on the P2 side pump, suspect the control valve may have some problem..since no diagram, don't where to start to check.