Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case Super M series II return to dig is inop.

westerner ยท 2022-09-09 11:13

The coil in the magnet has been condemned. Can I replace the coil without tearing down the valve body? It appears I can, but I am not certain. I need to know to allow the owner to schedule downtime. Machine S/N is N4C304150. Part P/N is 84124604. The mechanical level indicator has been wiped off the loader arm so many times it is pointless to reattach, and the operators cannot see 'flat'. The Owner may finally authorize service manual purchase after this event. It would be about time....

Replies2
  1. #1Coy Lancaster2022-09-10 13:52

    You will have to remove the spool from the valve body. You can do this without removing the whole valve.

  2. #2westerner2022-09-11 22:49

    Thanks, Coy. As soon as those criminals send the part to me, I will swap it in. I am floored at what they charge for the thing, but I aint surprised