Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case SV185 hydraulics locked out.

Tenwheeler ยท 2019-06-20 22:02

It was being driven and locked down. Shows no fault codes. Tested charge pressure and it was around 450 PSI. Checked all the fuses and swapped all the breakers. Checked all the grounds to the enable and park brake solenoids. Powered 12V to the brake solenoid, engine running and pulled it away. It rolled but that threw a code. Checked that all terminals have power on ignition switch. Light on display goes on and off with lap bar. Display lights up when sit in seat. Read some posts on here about applying power to some of these solenoids to override the system. That does not work. Never found a switch for the cab being down or the seat belt. The fuse boxes and my manual are a little different. Thank I will put fused power to the ones that never have power and see if that changes anything. Then replace the control panel. Hate throwing parts at equipment so any advise would be appreciated.

Replies5
  1. #1mikebramel2019-06-22 19:30

    So if the key is on and you "bypass energize" the starter does it run

  2. #2KSSS2019-06-22 19:50

    What year is it? I have yet to hear of a console going bad on a Alpha machine. I lost one on a 400 machine. I would make sure you know that console is bad before you replace as my 465 console was about $500 if I remember right. By locked up do you mean, brakes activated but machine runs?

  3. #3Tenwheeler2019-06-22 20:57

    Yes the engine runs. Will have to double check year, 2013? On the console the bottom right button normally enables the hydraulics and releases the parking brake. It has no effect. A new one is about $500 . Any pointers on how to test it?

  4. #4KSSS2019-06-22 23:31

    Hopefully Huff reads this, I think he would know exactly. I am sure there is a way to by pass the button and actuate the brakes, however I don't know it. Do all other functions work on the console? It does sound like a console as that is exactly what my 465 did when I had to replace the console so you may be right. If you want the hours to read correctly you will have to have the dealer do the magic to make the actual hours show up on the display.

  5. #5Tenwheeler2019-06-23 15:43

    The control panel has a green button on the bottom right. Normally when it is pushed it releases the parking brake and enables the hydraulics. Now it makes no difference, codes, alarms or beeps. I checked the charge pressure after I read low pressure could do this. Pressure appears to be OK. Reread trouble shooting and it states warning alarm will beep with this condition after the button is pushed. It does not. Looked at wiring diagram for console I high lighted anything that I thought might be related. Tested and wrote down the results. Did not see anything I consider a problem. Does not appear to be a simple on off switch system. Maybe talks to the UCM through one of the can wires in a frequency? Did not test each individual wire. This machine seams to be able detect a wire short or open and read a fault code. Wondered if something just was not powered up. Connected fused power to each fuse the never had power to it. That did not work. I thought it odd that when I connected 10 amp fused power to the top right on the left box. It would blow a 5 amp fuse and cut off power to the console. The bottom right button cover has been collapsed for about two years and should probably be replaced anyway. All that said any information on testing to find the actual problem would be appreciated.