Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case SV340 jerky

r1lukasz · 2020-04-10 08:54

Hello I have a 2018 SV340 that is jerky when trying to steer left or right , its kind of hart to control because it will go left rigt left right before it stops , every thing else is smooth , machine have 800hr got it last year no problems before, any advise where to look for? I tried to a change the sensitivity in control panel but that did not fix the problem

Replies13
  1. #1KSSS2020-04-10 23:22

    I have an '18 SV340 about same amount of hours. Did this just develop recently?

  2. #2r1lukasz2020-04-11 05:35

    Not sure, I don’t think it was like that when I bought it , Im thinking it must be mechanical issue with hydraulic motor or maybe loose chain?

  3. #3KSSS2020-04-11 22:10

    I don't think it is mechanical like that. It sounds electronic like the valving isn't actuating with the controller. I have my EZEH set on High across the board and I am really happy with the way it responds, very fast and very precise. You certainly have something wrong, but I cant say exactly what that would be. However when you release the hand controls it should not move. What setting do you have your EZEH set at?

  4. #4mikebramel2020-04-11 22:32

    Sounds like the swash plate is sticking... or it it has an angle sensor that is bad/ loose / backlash or wiring between ecu and sensor

  5. #5r1lukasz2020-04-11 22:40

    I tried changing sensitivity from high to medium to low, its not that ,It didn’t help its when trying to hook up a bucket it’s not easy it’s going left right left right, when i let go steering it’s still going a little then Im try over correct opposite side, its just not stopping immediately when I let go forcing me to overcorrect

  6. #6KSSS2020-04-11 23:33

    The machine may still be under warranty depending on when it went into service. I got 3 years bumper to bumper on mine when I bought it, but they were changing the warranty coverage around that time. I would check into that soon just in case you have a two year warranty and not the 3 year.

  7. #7r1lukasz2020-04-12 05:49
  8. #8r1lukasz2020-04-12 05:53

    Bumper to bumper is gone, have 2 more years for emissions, how expensive the fix could be if I bring it to dealer or is this could be done by DIY guy

  9. #9mitch5042020-04-12 08:37

    My first thought when I saw this title was, "How did he dry that?!"

  10. #10KSSS2020-04-12 11:26

    I don't know, you would have to call and ask. I do know that the CASE dealer in Chicago moves a lot of machines and I am sure they could dial it in. Personally I don't see DIY as much of an option, at least I wouldn't mess with it.

  11. #11r1lukasz2022-01-09 10:16

    Bringing this topic again, talk to dealer twice but they not willing to help, first they said it’s because hydraulic needs to warm up , second time they said its normal for machine to run like this, I changed ezeh settings to low that helped a little to control machine but noticed the problem is when going left or right only opposite wheel should stay locked but it’s actually moving and that creates problem to constantly trying to correct moves, is it that joystick needs to be calibrated?

  12. #12billybonca2024-10-10 09:02

    Did you ever find the problem? I have an SR130 doing the same thing sitting at a Case Dealership. They said they reset everything and put it on the slowest mode as well. It still does it. If you move a joystick forward a bit and let go you still hear the hydraulic hissing noise and machine moves a bit. They say I just need to het used to it??? I have a Bobcat with same controls that is good.

  13. #13KSSS2024-10-10 09:26

    R1lukasz, does the dealer have another SV340 that you run and compare? The B series has different calibration than do the Alpha's, a B wouldn't be a direct comparison but there also may be value in running a B machine to see the difference.