Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case TL100 flat face coupler will not connect

backwaterdogs ยท 2024-09-16 18:45

A friend has new Case TL 100, this thing seems to retain pressure on the (bottom) male FF connector it will just not connect no matter what you do. Have to crack open the line to relieve pressure. It supposedly has a case drain this just does not seem right. Anyone with experience with a TL100 that may have a solution? dealer says is normal.. there is no way this can be normal.

Replies10
  1. #1ozarkag2024-09-16 23:04

    Appears as though Case did not use the Faster style push to release block. So only way to release pressure would be actuating control with engine off.

  2. #2KSSS2024-09-17 22:18

    As to Ozarkag's suggestion, I would turn the machine off, turn the key back on, release whatever brake/safety mechanism it might have and actuate the controller that runs the aux. hyd. See if that releases the hyd pressure.

  3. #392U 34062024-09-18 01:14

    I generally shut down a machine and manually actuate the controls before disconnecting an attachment. Its easy to disconnect a quick coupler with a couple PSI in the line, next to impossible to reconnect it.

  4. #4backwaterdogs2024-09-18 21:04

    Thanks all, have tried these ideas. The line on this particular implement is straight, not a 90. Am going to try a 90 deg fitting for better leverage/something to push against. Next option is to try one of the various 'connect under pressure' FF couplers -- anyone have any luck with those?

  5. #5KSSS2024-09-19 07:16

    The Faster coupler mentioned is what Case uses on their full size skid steers and it works well. How it would mount on that machine I don't know.

  6. #6KSSS2024-09-23 20:45

    I was at a CASE dealer this weekend in Colorado and they had five of these machines. None had any type of pressure release coupler. It looks like there would be no issue installing one on the machine. Sounds like they are having no problem selling them. I ran it around the yard. The controls felt responsive. Really odd they didn't put pressure release couplers on it.

  7. #7Syrax2025-08-02 00:17

    Curious as to your final resolution? I demoed a unit and an auger while waiting on mine that I ordered. The demo unit had the same problem, I ended up going to tractor supply and finding a 1/2" male coupler and threaded that on instead of the one that came on the machine and it hooked up to the auger with no problem. Before returning the unit I threaded the factory one back on and kept the coupler just in case I need to do it to my machine. Hope your friend is still liking his about a year later. I just picked up mine yesterday and had it on the job today and it was a great tool, but didn't use anything other than the bucket yet.

  8. #8KSSS2025-08-03 20:34

    I have been renting one of the TL100's on and off for two months. We really like them. I will order one, and when I do it will have wide tracks and a wider bucket. I will make them put the pressure reducing hyd coupler on it. Pretty awesome little loader for what we need them for.

  9. #9Syrax2025-08-03 21:55

    I went with the narrow version myself, but glad to hear you guys really like them. I do plan to get a bigger bucket though. I didn't realize the coupler would be an issue, but hopefully can find the right parts to swap it myself.

  10. #10KSSS2025-08-05 07:40

    We end up renting the narrow version since that is what they have, it plays with that little bucket and can certainly handle a larger one from a capacity standpoint. I don't need the narrow width. We use them to grade floors out in the bottom of basements, we use clean 3/4 rock, so the extra width will keep us on top of the rock better. A lot of things to like about it, but what is really nice as opposed to some others is the track system. Same basic design as a larger CTL. You can adjust it in the same way, and if you lose a track, it goes on the same way. I have had some rentals where throwing a track is a major PINTA.