Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case TR 270 Rough Ride

IUOE Man ยท 2014-07-12 05:55

Im running a Case Tr 270 at work and been doing so for several months now.It seems to be a great machine with plenty of power,but the only thing is it rides very rough.The bottem rollers are fixed solid so every little bump ya hit you feel it,if you have to move a delecate load with the forks better use the telescoping forklift.I was wondering the other day as i was running it is there any track type skid steer on the market that has a bogie system on the bottrm rollers that will flex,kinda like a D8R's undercarriage.

Replies5
  1. #1KSSS2014-07-12 13:19

    Do you have ride control on the machine? Smaller tracked machines like these don't put as much track on the ground and so rather than bridge ground imperfections they go up and down them. Ride control does help the ride quality.

  2. #2IUOE Man2014-07-13 07:41

    Yes it does have ride control,I just wish I knew when it was on or off.I can't tell a huge difference,and theres no light or way really to tell when its on or off,just a blue button on the right joystick.

  3. #3Digdeep2014-07-13 08:42

    You have to hold the joystick button in if you want ride control activated. BTW..Cat's CTL has torsion axles and rides much smoother than any other CTL.

  4. #4KSSS2014-07-13 11:10

    I think RC is more noticeable on wheeled machines than tracks, but it still makes a difference. If you take a full bucket of material and go over a bumpy stretch without activating RC, than do the same with the RC button held in, you can see what it will do. The CAT ride is more smooth with the torsion bars in their CTL, I demoed a 279D and it does ride nice, but it is still a CTL and it was still jarring. I was not always good with the front end compressing to the ground when the torsion bars compressed. I think most now have air seats in them which also helps with the operator comfort.

  5. #5IUOE Man2014-07-23 04:19

    Thanks for the input on this subject.We have a 580 Super N backhoe with ride control on it and it makes a huge difference in the buck jumping when traveling with a full bucket.