Mustang 2040 bucket tilt solenoid. Solenoid # MSA 9506/0138 Spool lock kit # 170-34702 Golden Eagle wants $282.08 for a single spool lock kit but they don't offer the solenoid separately (a little pricey??). Wonder if anyone knows of an alternate part or a better place to shop. I searched for the solenoid and came up with zip. Thanks in advance.
I assume you all know what a spool lock is, so I won't go into details. Anyway, the solenoid coil failed with a bucket full of dirt. Long story short - disconnected the wires and unscrewed the solenoid from the block, and back in business but without the safety of a spool lock. Odd thing is, is that the solenoid works perfectly when not installed on the valve stack. I verified this twice.
You need the upgrade, The old style was changed for a reason. The new kit works.
This is the first I've heard of an upgrade. What does it consist of? Do I have to change out all solenoids?
Here's a photo of the kit diagram, it includes all new type spools.
Item #1 in the top image is all that I seek. I don't need anything else. The top image is the same page that's in my parts book, which was revised in 2008, and according to it, the upgrade has already been done. There are no valve spools included or shown in the kit. I have no idea what the second image is for. I already have the solenoid manufacturers name and OEM P/N (German origin) but tracking down a single source is challenging. I hate to think that I have to order another complete upgrade kit just to get a solenoid.
-IF- Your solenoid has ONE green wire AND ONE black wire coming out of it then you need part number 170-35068 (In stock $141.81) The KIT includes 3 solenoids and some installation stuff too for $304 $18 freight to Washington state and about 4-5 days on UPS ground In your earlier post you mentioned Golden Eagle, they will ALWAYS be cheaper than the dealer. We have facilities to maintain and actually stock the parts here. And they will not provide the service of researching and providing you information and assistance like this. My name is Tom , Here's our information if you would like to contact us: http://apetad.com/Home_Page.html http://austinpowerequip.com/ Hope your weekend is GREAT!!!
ALSO!!! VERY IMPORTANT, If you lost the spacer (Item 6) when you removed the lock you WILL absolutely have to have another one, lock doesn't work without the spacer! Again, Hope for great weekend for you!!!
This is what I have, including the spacer. I know how important they are. I'll be ordering one from you when I get back. Thanks.
Yes Sir, That's it alright, The reason I asked about the spacer is that you mentioned that it seems to work off of the valve, sometimes lack of a spacer causes this, when you call you should speak to John about this if He's available, I don't know what could make it function when out of the valve but not when installed (Other than screwed in too far due to lack of spacer) John will know!