Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case tr270 blowing AC fuse, need wiring diagram

davejo ยท 2024-07-11 07:30

I'd love to see a AC wiring diagram if anyone has one. I have the operator manual which shows a fuse diagram but the picture doesnt match what is on the machine. There is a 25 amp fuse that keeps blowing when troubleshooting the AC. I can hotwire the clutch and the compressor turns noisily. The high pressure switch is not open and has power, even with the fuse blown. ??? The wire to the AC clutch never gets power I think this means that there must be a relay somewhere that controls the clutch wire. Next step will be to tilt the cab and find the low pressure switch to test. I'm hoping to see a wiring diagram from this or similar Case skid steer to help understand what is going on here. serial jaftr270cfm413374

Replies2
  1. #1Arny L2024-07-11 21:42

    There is definitely a relay for AC compressor, that's were I usually start, is to get compressor engaged, by jumping terminal 30 to 87 in relay socket, this way you eliminate all other safety switches, and you can see if 1, you have power at clutch, and 2, if it engages, will it cool at all. You did say you powered up compressor, and it was noisy, so you could have 2 problems, bad wiring from relay to clutch, and bad compressor clutch, drawing too much and blowing fuse, and possibly bad compressor, dragging and blowing fuse. Its something to try.

  2. #2davejo2024-07-11 22:01

    In my efforts i found the clutch coil to have 4 ohms resistance, not sure if that is good or bad. But the fuse blows even with the clutch wire unplugged. I agree that I may have two problems going on. The compressor almost sounded like it was over charged with freon so I sucked some out thinking that someone had added too much as a first attempt to fix the ac. Still sounded bad after lowering the pressure but I was afraid to let it run very long hotwired to see if it would cool or not.