Hi, Wondering if anyone s come across these. I've done the on line research. Sound like stuck spools on the bucket and lift arms. Travel works, nothing else moves. Not sure where to start. Machine worked fine, parked for 5 days, started and the console light up like a christmas tree. Guess looking to see if there are any goofy sensor/easy fix things that could cause this, before I spend the big dough on a service call. machine has about 900hrs. Cheers, and thank you.
I'm not familiar with this machine but if your getting those codes. I would look for those sensors and check the wiring around them along with your fuses. If it was working fine when you parked it and then 5 days later it gives you those code at start up..... not sure where you store it but you may have a rodent problem....they like chewing on wires. Let us know what you find. Good luck.
You can call the dealer and ask them to email you a parts breakdown/ location of those sensors.
Thanks ya. Gona do some poking around the wires, connectors. see what I can come up with and go from there.
Cool, let us know what you find, good luck!
Well, interesting turn of events. Had some time to go visit the machine today to see if I could find some loose wires or such that would cause the codes. Thought It'd be worth it before I call a field tech at $250/hr. Started her up, and no codes, everything worked as it should. Shut her down couple of times, re-start, put her through the paces and all good. Guess we'll just have to wait and see...
That's great, seems like you touched the right spot on the wiring harness or connector. Thanks for the update. Have a great weekend.
Thought I'd provide an update. The magic touch has worn off. The Case TR270 throwing same codes again. Felt very giving and dialed up a Case Dealer Mobile tech to come deal with it as I dont have the time or know how. At $250/hr thought he'd make some progress. He was there for couple of hours, apparently the codes didn't come up, he checked all fuses, relays, sensors etc. , found nothing wrong. I'm thinking perfect, go load her up and do that brush cutting job I've been putting off. Guess what? Go fire her up and same fault codes (5511 and 5512) plus another one that wasn't there pre tech visit of 1905. So frustrated. The the lovely lady behind the desk suggested I bring the machine in. Great idea, except the machine does not move. This one is sounding expensive. Assuming a wiring issue somewhere along the way but that's only a guess. Any input, suggestions etc. welcome. Thx
Did they tell you what the codes mean?
I'm not sure on those codes, but I would be checking operator presence switches - seat switch, lap bar, cab door.
I looked it up. can't quite remember but something along the lines of stuck spool valve. Could be a wiring issue as well. I believe these have been checked. Should get a report tomorrow am. Via a verbal I was told all the relevant switches, sensors, fuses have been checked etc.
Got to talk to the service manager on Friday. Looks like root cause of the problem was wires rubbing through inside the joy stick. New harness and a fair amount of labor. Not a cheap fix, so hope she's good for a while.