Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case TR340 fuel tank vent

fencefool · 2021-03-02 22:30

Checking with case TR or TV owners. I have an ‘18 TR 340 and noticed when refueling the tank collapses and the fuel cap ends up below the oil dipstick support and is hard to get a grip to open it. Once starting to open it sucks air and returns to where it was. I’m guessing my fuel cap is not venting properly and if anyone has had this problem before. Thanks.

Replies4
  1. #1KSSS2021-03-02 23:09

    Yes I had that issue on an '18 SV340. My '17 TR340 never did it. I got a new cap under warranty. I have not seen the issue since. I will say mine was not that pronounced. It released a lot of air and I could see some deformation of the tank, but it wasn't as bad as your sounds.

  2. #2CaseFan132021-03-12 01:47

    Our TV450 will do that if you crank the cap down. It will collapse the tank and put the cap into the dip stick mount and it’s an absolute pain to get out. I’m sure it needs a new vent but I’ve just been just tightening it ever so slightly instead of cranking down on it.

  3. #3fencefool2021-03-13 11:08

    Thanks for the replies. I took the cap and clipped the little rubber vent and blew air through it to make sure it vents. Ran the tractor for a half hour and it seemed to not pull the tank down. Also ordered a new cap for a back up.

  4. #4Midnightmoon2021-03-13 11:16

    That's covered under waranty new cap has a better vent system that doesnt clog up with dirt