Hey Guy I recently purchased a new Case TV370 track loader to use for my personal use on my property. I want to say upfront I AM BY NO MEANS A OPERATOR. I also purchased a light duty brush cutter to be mainly used to bush hog the fields. My problem is that as my machine goes up and down with the different elevations of the ground the cutter either buries up in the dirt or it it raises up in the air. (depending on the ground condition) My machine has the "bucket float" setting but I have to put the cutter all the way on the ground for the float option and that's to low. Can any of you offer me any advice to helping me with this issue?
Practice, practice, practice.....as you get used to running your machine you will learn to anticipate when to raise and lower the atms so you don't dig in with the mower...I will typically put my brush mower down all the way and pick the loaders arms up a touch then I typically will also tilt it back a touch as well so it won't dig in. It's also much easier to mow a field you are familiar with than mowing heavy brush without having any idea where all the "goodies" are, like boulders, stumps, and water well heads.....
To add to what Tags says above...... speed is also a factor - too fast and it gets things really bouncing. Height of the cutter is important too - the brush hog on my tractor is set at about five inches. Remember that a brush hog is not really for a finished mower result; it’s mainly just to whack stuff down. Set it too low and you’ll scrape dirt alot, in part because it’s heavy snd has a big cutting area. My fields were, of course, actual farming fields years ago. I mow in a north/south direction, which is how the farmer used to plow because if I mow east/west, I can feel the bumps in my spine from the dirt harrows from many many years ago.