Hello! Thanks in advance for help. I have a 2012 case tv380 with 1200 hours. Recently the fuel sending unit went out and the fuel gauge was beeping. Replaced sending unit and beep is now gone. However a new problem has developed. During moderate / heavy use of digging dirt or going uphill the engine will bog and lose rpm. I have worked in these exact conditions so I know what the machine is capable of. If you back off the controls it will stay running, if you continue it will stall out. After stalling it's difficult to start. Idles well and starts cold effortlessly. I changed fuel filter with no improvement. Next on list is in-line fuel filter. Should I drain the tank? Is there screen in the tank? Larger problem? Any other suggestions? THANK YOU!!
I am guessing it is starving for fuel. There are two fuel filters, make sure you got them both replaced.
+1 on fuel filters first Have also seen the plastic lines crack, and then it sucks in air instead of fuel.
Maybe you kinked a line?
Update: Replaced Fuel Filter & In-line filter, however now it wont start. I cant seem to find any documentation on how to purge? When I turn ignition button to on you can hear a slight charging/ticking from the fuel tank area. Wondering if weak fuel pump was problem and now it doesnt have enough power to vaccum? I tilted the cab and cleaned the area. Did not see any kinked lines. Any recommendations appreciated!!
There is a hand pump in the lower left corner near the water/fuel separator. You have to fill those filters and purge the lines of air or it will not start.
Hey @KSSS thanks for the help. The water separator is in the lower right portion of the door. I am not seeing any sort of hand pump. I did find a priming bulb on the back of the injector pump though? Could that be it? Anything I should know about that process?
I had a 2012 TR320, and I can't remember for certain if they changed or move it since 2012. All of my newer Alphas the primer is a black button on top of the water/fuel separator. If you can take a look and see if you have that black button. If you don't then we will have to locate it, if you do, it is a pretty easy task.
According to what I found this unit is self priming. Whenever I turn the ignition on the electronic fuel pump turns on and doesnt shut off. I was worried we werent getting fuel all the way through the system. Ended up slightly cracking open the fuel line at the injectors. Air immediately escaped and the vehicle started up after closing lines back up. Fuel filter / inline filter for now has fixed the engine bog. If it continues I am going to consider putting in a new electronic fuel pump. Thanks for the help!