Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case tv380 heat issue

Rickiyz125 ยท 2022-12-06 19:53

Hello and thanks in advance as I am new to this forum. I have a 2017 case tv380 that is not blowing hot heat. Heat worked great last year and was servicing before snow season hits and noticed I was not getting hot heat. Machine shows it is running around 168-174 degrees. I checked power/ voltage at the switch and electronic control valve which was good and working. Bypassed the electronic control valve with a barb fitting for straight flow and flushed heater core however I am still not getting good heat. Coolant hoses going to control valve and heater core only seem to get to a high of about 130 degrees. Wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction before throwing a $400 thermostat housing at it with only hopes that will fix it.

Replies1
  1. #1KSSS2022-12-07 00:55

    When mine was not throwing heat (I think it was in a TR340, but much the same machine) it was the electric control valve. Yours would seem to be the thermostat, if its only getting to 130 which would give you some heat.