Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

287B wiring schematics and ideas

tharden ยท 2022-12-10 13:37

My friend just got a 287b. Engine runs but none of the hydraulic functions plus travel will work. We pulled the harness to the left side ecu and the plug was full of oil. I am wondering if anyone may have a wire schematic of the machine an maybe a trouble shooting guide. Park brake light cuts off along with seatbelts light. Serial number CAT0287BTZSA02235 Thanks, Thomas

Replies25
  1. #1Nige2022-12-10 14:42

    Schematic yes, troubleshooting guide there really isn't one. It's a case of following the logic from the schematic and figuring it out for yourself. I'll send you the schematic. Keep an eye on your messages.

  2. #2Nige2022-12-10 15:07

    Try something simple first. When you start the engine does the fan for the radiator and the hydraulic oil cooler start spinning.?

  3. #3tharden2022-12-10 17:49

    My friend will be by the machine tomorrow. I will have him check. Thank you for the quick reply. You helped me in the past with my D4H and I still appreciate it.

  4. #492U 34062022-12-11 09:59

    Definitely check the fan as Nige suggested. If fan does not move I'd suspect a busted pump drive coupler.

  5. #5tharden2023-04-05 19:02

    It was low on fluid. Added fluid and the attachment lock works and the aux works. Still dont have bucket or track controls. I will dig a little deeper.

  6. #6Nige2023-04-05 19:27

    Reading your symptoms again I suggest you first look at the engine cooling fan. When you start the engine does the fan start turning immediately.? If not then the most likely culprit is that the flexible coupling between the engine and the main hydraulic pump has failed.

  7. #7tharden2023-04-11 08:29

    They fan does spin right up now after adding fluid. If you play with the buttons long enough you can get control over the loader and the drive system sounds like the brakes wont release though.

  8. #8Nige2023-04-11 10:34

    OK so if the fan spins the engine/pump coupling is good. With your machine being a B Series there is no on-board diagnostic facility. To identify what electrical or electronic issues their might be would require Cat ET diagnostic software to be connected to the machine. If you found oil in a connector then maybe it's a case of go through every major harness connector on the machine, opening/cleaning, etc, and see where that takes you.

  9. #9Bill Alex2024-10-27 07:35

    Hi, any chance someone can share the wiring schematic for cat 287b? Attachment lock was not working at some point on this machine and previous owner bypassed it by running 12v to a toggle switch and I would like to return to factory because if toggle is left on while machine is off it will kill the battery. Also have the high temp light come on the second I start the machine and it does not turn off. Machine is not running hot, actually is running cool and might need a thermostat but not sure why light is on. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

  10. #10Nige2024-10-27 09:02

    Need a Serial Number to identify the correct one.

  11. #11Bill Alex2024-10-27 09:50

    287BLZSA00799

  12. #12Nige2024-10-27 11:55

    Check your message inbox

  13. #13Bill Alex2024-10-27 12:06

    Thank you very much!

  14. #14Parkermftg2024-12-17 18:35

    Hello Is there any chance I could get a copy of this electrical schematic as well? My serial number is CAT0287BEZSA04581*

  15. #15Nige2024-12-17 18:54

    Check your message inbox.

  16. #16Zeb Go2024-12-26 15:39

    Nige, Would you be able to provide the schematic for me as well. Serial No. OMAS00762

  17. #17Nige2024-12-26 16:09

    No worries. Check your message inbox.

  18. #18Zeb Go2024-12-26 16:18

    Followed your link form another post. Purchased the manuals and downloaded. Thanks for the help

  19. #19Nige2024-12-26 17:53

    Which manuals exactly were you looking for.?

  20. #20thomas022025-05-13 12:45

    hey there, Im working on a cat 287B skid steer and my park brake light is flashing it wont release. all other hydraulic functions are working. is there any schematics available for everything related to the park brake circuit so I can diagnose this problem? I cant find anything on line.

  21. #21thomas022025-05-13 12:48

    serial # is CAT0287BTZSA00422

  22. #22Nige2025-05-13 12:53

    I think you can probably find everything you need in this thread, including the troubleshooting procedures. It's a bit long-winded but stick with it, you'll get there in the end. Note the electronics on your parking brake/operator interlock circuit are exactly the same as the 226B that is the subect of the thread. EDIT: You also need to be mindful of the "deliberate mistake" in the text of the troubleshooting procedure that was discovered during the process of diagnosing the problem. CAT 226B Parking Brake Indicator and Armrest Indicator Are Flashing Hello, I'm trouble shooting Parking Brake Indicator and Armrest Indicator Are Flashing on my CAT 226B serial number MJH08353. In the attached picture, in purple I highlight what I believe is the detent coil. I have two questions, first, is this the detent coil? It's located under my right hand... HeavyEquipmentForums Check your message inbox for an electrical schematic.

  23. #23Tom L2025-12-13 11:54

    Hello Nige, Is there any chance I could get a copy of this electrical schematic as well? My serial number is *CAT0287BJZSA02708*

  24. #24Tom L2025-12-13 11:55
  25. #25Nige2025-12-13 12:04

    Check your message inbox.