OK, I am now in reassembly mode and trying to clean my air cleaner. I got the interior intake tube clean ( it was filthy) and got the bottom oil pan clean. But I don't see a way to disassemble the main body to clean it. The mesh screen rotates but is still dirty. Is there some trick I need to know.
Usually the bottom mesh screen will come out but not the screens higher up. If nothing comes apart, remove the entire filter housing and clean it off the machine. Back flow any solvent or air, etc. so you don't push any loose dirt further into the screens.
When you say "bottom mesh screen", do you mean the one in the photo or should there also be one in the oil bath? I have the whole unit out and was sitting in the parts washer overnight but the screen in the photo is still quite dirty.
The screen above the oil bath cup might come out. If you have an air compressor you can blow the filter body out from the top down.