Ok so about five years ago I bought a farm dozer,a nice little case 450b. It's been perfect,I love it.Well as dozers do,it's got to be a little small,so it was time to move up a notch.Along came a very nice D3b forest service machine"3000hrs" here's the problem I'm having trouble adjusting to it.Its a peddle steer power shift,I don't like the "set it and forget it throttle" theirs just something wrong about shifting a trans forward/reverse with the motor running at two grand.I thought about putting a throttle peddle on it but then you can't steer,and the left hand throttle seems to be a PITA to use.Whats a guy to do?? Maybe I will get used to it in time,dunno ointhead
On my 3c that has foot controls, it has a decelerator. When ever, change direction, I always use it. Even when shifting from one gear to the next. :beatsme I'm the one who's paying for repairs...and if that little bit saves on the tractor, I'm all for it. Any way you think you could retrofit one?
There was a guy in my shop the other day,that said he thought there was a kit right from cat to install a decelerator. I will need to look into that.