Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case vs Komatsu

CEwriter ยท 2009-10-27 18:05

Komatsu and Case went head-to-head this month, both introducing crawler dozers in the upper 17,000-pound/75-hp range. It's the slimmed-down Case 650L vs the slant-nose Komatsu D31

Replies6
  1. #1special tool2009-10-27 18:43

    I haven't read this, but I am sure this is a Case marketing stunt. The only dozer that should be compared to a modern Komatsu is a Cat. Case?????:lmao - please.....let's not be ridiculous. I can't wait to see the spin that's put on this comparison....wait, let me guess. "Just look how the Case fuel tank is much more accessible for you service truck"....or some bs like that.

  2. #2pwrstroke6john2009-10-27 20:47

    The J series Deeres are nice machines too, as for the case dozers I havent seen any newer then the old G models.

  3. #3special tool2009-10-27 20:59

    I'll buy that too - should have said. Some of my favorite tractors I have owned have been Deeres....REAL Deeres, Not Liebfraus.

  4. #4NWH2009-10-27 21:02

    I don`t own a case but I do know people who do and they are very well pleased with them. I know a couple who went from cat and have no regrets. I have found that those who are the most vocal in criticizing equipment usually have no knowledge of what they are criticizing.

  5. #5special tool2009-10-27 21:11

    Well, you won't be finding that to be the case this time, Bubba.:tong I've had my arse handed to me by Case of *** before. I make my living with these things, I don't need 3rd person stories to substantiate my posts. Have pics, too!!:drinkup

  6. #6NWH2009-10-27 21:36

    I may have been misleading in my reply in saying I do not own a case .What I meant is I do not own a case dozer,but I do own a case backhoe and a case excavator,both of which have been great. We also have 2 cat excavators and two jd dozers as well as having owned numerous other machines. What I am getting at is competative as the market place is ,most equipment is pretty equal. By the way my name is not bubba I and I am able to communicate without crude language!